Something cheap and comparable to A118C/G1W

It seems that GB us slimming down the car-dvr department- only 7 pages now and no Viofo A118C. They do have a flash sale on a copy version: but I don't know how good it is. On Viofo's site it almost $50: https://www.viofo.com/car-dash-cam/18-a118c-car-dash-camera.html Some others have it at higher prices :(

Phil

Is there a proper way to contact Viofo by any chance? I had emailed them more then a week ago, and sent couple of follow ups but never heard back. Would contacting the international phone number be the best way?

You can PM him here but he's pretty busy so it may take a day or two for an answer. @viofo

Phil

You can go ahead to order one on Viofo site,they should accept Paypal payment method!

I see the A118C and A118C2 both for $49.90... what are the exact differences between the two other then better night time visibility? For instance, does the A118C2 compare to the A119 by any way (not that I am looking at the A119 as it is currently out of my price constraints), but I also am not sure in terms of longetivity if the A118C2 is as stable and what not,

C2 is a newer module,same specification!

I see the A118C and A118C2 both for $49.90... what are the exact differences between the two other then better night time visibility? For instance, does the A118C2 compare to the A119 by any way (not that I am looking at the A119 as it is currently out of my price constraints), but I also am not sure in terms of longetivity if the A118C2 is as stable and what not,

it's very stable, has been around for a long time, the C2 version has a better lens assembly and is CPL compatible

Okay, so I have narrowed it down to three cameras now: B1W, A118C2, and the G1W-S.

The B1W reviews seem very recent, but out of the three it also seems to be the cheapest, would you guys say it fairs well with my previous A118C and G1W's (in terms of video recording quality, and how stable/long lasting it is?). Otherwise I might opt for whatever has the fastest shipping between the A118C2 and G1W-S.

Since our G1W-S Amazon Fulfillment stock won’t be replenished for a few more days, I can direct invoice and direct ship priority mail if needed.

Sony Sensor for better night performance would be my own personal deciding factor.

Of these three cams I think the B1W has the best image quality overall. A118c might be better daytime and the G1W-S is equal at night, but the A118c falls flat at night and the G1W-S isn't as good daytime but not by much. However it's a brand new cam so it has no performance history yet. Personally I think it's a viable choice. No screen but the Android app works well and the build quality is good judging from the exterior (haven't opened mine up for a peek yet). The B1W has a lowish bit-rate which means there's probably not a lot of room for improved image quality but it also lets more time fit on the SD card and it should run cooler too. There is more development going on with it so it might get even better.

I've 'abused' the G1W-S by constant recording in high heat and had no problems. I can positively recommend it. I have no experience with the A118c but in normal use it seems as reliable. Haven't had the B1W long enough to know how it does when 'abused' similarly. No fakes or copies of the G1W-S, opposite for the A118c, and there are a couple similar cams to the B1W but if you buy from Estore009 you'll get a real one. The A118 is an old design, the G1W-S a new design in an old case style. Both use the well-regarded Novatek chipsets and both are on the bulky side. The B1W is more a modern sleeker design but with a lesser regarded chipset and the same sensor as the G1W-S for good night vids.

All are good choices for an economy cam. Which one is something you'll have to decide yourself. The wedge shape and familiarity of the A118c, the sleekness, price, and good overall vids of the B1W, or the solid durability and good night vids of the G1W-S

Phil

Back