Something is not right........ 'Tis now!

parklawn

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
DR32. Innovv C2, C3 A118C
I recently purchased another C3 and although it appears to be working fine there is one 'problem' that I have noticed. The video files are not always sequential, this of course makes viewing them a nuisance. In addition to that, some of the files have the prefix HT and some have L. I know from the specs that HT files indicate one video recording and that L files indicate loop recording but why would that occur when no changes have been made to the settings?

I have tried different microSD cards, formatted the cards in the camera and with SD Formatter, and still the same results.

What do you think is going on here?

Thanks.

ps. I just noticed that file # 4 and file # 5 were both recorded at 05:14 today on this sample. One is HT the other L.
NewC3.png

Last edited:
if file 5 is less than a minute long it could have the same time stamp as file 4, don't think that's an issue as such but changing in and out of loop mode is not normal

Thank you, you're absolutely right, clip #5 is indeed less than a minute long so that explains that. However, clip #5 shows up in between clips 11 & 12 and you can imagine what this looks like when viewing the whole thing, and this is a small sample, others are worse.

However, clip #5 shows up in between clips 11 & 12 and you can imagine what this looks like when viewing the whole thing, and this is a small sample, others are worse.

that's because of the naming convention and yes it would be a mess when there's more files involved, let Rock now as I'm sure he'll want to sort it out

my C3 will save last file as HT if I unplug power...instead of stop with shutter button.
occasionally, I saw a HT file in between when I was wearing it...I could only guess is the micrusb lost contact momentary. I use a powerpack when wearing it.
another possibility of the cause is the slide switch is slided further back. my C3 is off set a bit..

Last edited:
I recently purchased another C3 and although it appears to be working fine there is one 'problem' that I have noticed. The video files are not always sequential, this of course makes viewing them a nuisance. In addition to that, some of the files have the prefix HT and some have L. I know from the specs that HT files indicate one video recording and that L files indicate loop recording but why would that occur when no changes have been made to the settings?

I have tried different microSD cards, formatted the cards in the camera and with SD Formatter, and still the same results.

What do you think is going on here?

Thanks.

ps. I just noticed that file # 4 and file # 5 were both recorded at 05:14 today on this sample. One is HT the other L.
View attachment 10176

Well noted that, and will look into it.
If you get more findings, please let's know, that would help a lot.

First off, Happy New Year all!
Same ¨problem¨ here. I got my C3 for Xmas and finally settled on a mounting position and hardwired it in. I updated the firmware per Rock's post on Dec 11 to FWC3_20141210, wrote a config file and set the switch to loop mode. See attached screenshot as an example. There is also no sound until after about twenty minutes of recording which I'm not too bothered about. The temperature has varied between 2° - 5°C so perhaps this has affected the sound recording until the car interior warms up . I'd like to try with the previous firmware but there is no firmware on the Innovv website at the moment.
NB. I renamed c1config.bin to c1config.txt in order to upload it.
Can parklawn and I be have the only two units affected?

Attachments

• InnovC3.png
    InnovC3.png
    95 KB · Views: 10
  • c1config.txt
    294 bytes · Views: 5
Rock should post older versions....I thought I can pm you with file..but can't..

Thanks cf7. After I'd posted I checked out http://www.minidvcameras.co.uk from where I bought my camera and there's a link, http://bit.ly/1kMFtcv, to 2kool4u.com where I grabbed firmware FW26.bin dated March 13 2014. I'll give that a go tomorrow as it's taters out and it's near dinner time...

The Innovv website page where firmware appeared before states this:

We're sorry, this content cannot be displayed. Please try again later.

Hopefully, Rock will see this when he's having his breakfast in a couple of hours.

fw26.bin is not for c3 ....
fwc3.bin is correct one

@nosnad the firmware that you grabbed dated March 13 2014 is for the C1/C2. I'm not sure if it would be appropriate to install on C3, you be the judge. It does look like you are having exactly the same problem as I am. I have checked my files recently and it is still occurring.

ps. Check the Innovv C3 specs page again as I see firmware listed there:

FWC3.bin dated 01 Sept.2014
FWC3.bin dated 15 Sept.2014
FWC3.bin dated 10 Dec. 2014

Last edited:
Thanks for putting me straight cf7 and parklawn. My Noscript add-on to Firefox was preventing ¨The C3 downloadable FW, GUI, Video clips¨ from appearing. Camera re-jigged but as it's -1° now (I know, I know, that's sunbathing weather for you blokes) and the car is frosted over, I'll wait until tomorrow to test it out. I owe you both a beer (do you have decent beer in Canada?)..

As people have been using C3 for around 2 or 3 months, and some issues or bugs found,
On other hand, I have been seeing people especial motorcycle riders are very like C3,
Now I would like to take time to collect all bugs we found and work together to solve that.

@parklawn, @cf7, @nosnad, let's start on the first bug on that.

Here I am testing on C3 in loop recording, will keep you updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, @RockThinking for your early response, will gather more information in the coming days.

It is interesting that there have been no complaints from any of the members of @willy510 motorcycle group, at least none reported in his forum, perhaps this is unique to cars.

Let's work together to solve this issues and others.

One by one, even takes time, but should do on that. ;)

Thanks, @RockThinking for your early response, will gather more information in the coming days.

It is interesting that there have been no complaints from any of the members of @willy510 motorcycle group, at least none reported in his forum, perhaps this is unique to cars.

Since the last post, I put camera in loop recording beside of my desk till now. we can see the last file is HT that because of the recording stop, the rest is L,
The camera will keep recording till tomorrow morning, and will check again.

The FW is FWC3.bin dated 15 Sept.2014

@parklawn, let's see your further input.

C3 loop recording test-001.png

INNOVV C3 loop recording test=002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the clips from a short trip just completed. Firmware FWC3.bin 10/12/14. Config file renamed just for uploading. Switch set to Loop Mode.
Files L000001.MOV to L000005.MOV are recordings prior to the trip when I was adjusting the position of the C3.
The trip begins with HT000006.MOV with sequential files until HT000011.MOV but the last few meters of motion are continued in L000012.MOV when I made a stop and switched off the car. I started the car again and recording begins with HT000013.MOV, continues with HT000014.MOV and L0000015.MOV when I stopped again. After starting the car again, recording continues with HT000016.MOV, HT000017.MOV but finishes with L0000018.MOV at the end of the trip.
I had the radio going but no sound was recorded (the C3 is fitted behind a plastic panel about 30cm from a speaker).
Hope this helps to identify the glitch.
If there's anything that I can adjust and try again, let me know, Rock.

Attachments

• 100MEDIA.png
    100MEDIA.png
    157.6 KB · Views: 11
  • c1config.txt
    293 bytes · Views: 5
Back