Something is not right........ 'Tis now!

Just an update to this problem...

I have just changed my car to a modern car that is keyless. Now that the power is controlled by the car, the problem of no video recording (due to brief power interuption) has gone away.

It seems that this is an issue that affects older cars with a key where you can physically intrupt the power supply by physically turning the ignition key.

Hello all,
I still have a lot of problems with my C3.
- if not used for several days all settings are lost (capacitor model), (maybe small cell battery internally to hold the setting or an continues extra power lead besides the switched one)
- in loop mode I'm missing a lot of files (recording did not start?!)
- 50% of recorded files are damaged, can`t view them.
- power on and recording with PC works fine but on my bike i have tested for example 10 power up times an i missed 7 times.
- magenta flashes in my recordings with the 120 lens (also bought a 90 degree lens but still have to switch them)
- lost my power button today......

I did the FW update.
I use xenon headlights.(maybe that is a issue)
I use 32 Gb Samsung class 10 SD cards.
I checked the issues with the lens.

I`m leaving in two weeks for a 3 week motor trip to France (also the Alps etc.) and I would like to have nice memory`s on film.

Questions:
- what can I do myself to solve the problems
- can I replace the 120 degree lens with the 90 degree lens, the cable is now nicely lead to the back of my bike and I have to remove bodyparts, tank etc. to replace the lens in whole.

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept very much and I would like it to work perfectly so I won`t to give up!

Regards,

Last edited:
Hi Dre,

- if not used for several days all settings are lost (capacitor model), (maybe small cell battery internally to hold the setting or an continues extra power lead besides the switched one)
Rock- Yes, a battery is needed if you have capacitor model.

- in loop mode I'm missing a lot of files (recording did not start?!)
Rock- For ridding, please set G-sensor off, and format SD card inside of camera by first press shutter button and soon press power button till green led blink.

- 50% of recorded files are damaged, can`t view them.
Rock- if so, please try other SD card.

- power on and recording with PC works fine but on my bike i have tested for example 10 power up times an i missed 7 times.
Rock-that because power lose before start engine, you need to add relay to keep power to support.

- magenta flashes in my recordings with the 120 lens (also bought a 90 degree lens but still have to switch them)
Rock- this happens on some lenses.

- lost my power button today......
Rock- Give me your address, we can send you a set of new button.

I did the FW update.
I use xenon headlights.(maybe that is a issue)
I use 32 Gb Samsung class 10 SD cards.
I checked the issues with the lens.

Hi Rock,

Thanks for the quick reply!
I thought the capacitor model was the one you need for a permanent dashcam and worked out of the box without any additional hardware.
How long will the settings keep stored before they are lost by inactivity.
How do I attach a battery to this model?
How do I connect a relay and what kind do I need?
I`ve bought 5 new same SD cards and they have the same behaviour but I didn't format them in the camera, I will try that.
And last important question from me; can I replace the 120 degree lens with the 90 degree lens inside the case, do they have the same connection, the cable is now nicely lead and attached to the back of my bike and I have to remove bodyparts, tank etc. to replace the lens in whole.

Sorry for the amount of questions but I`m not a technician, just a biker and I really want this to work.

I had turned G-sensor of but config file got lost;

datetime=2015:06:025 20:26:04
datestamp=off
videostamp=DREAQUILA
poweronrecord=on
autopoweroff=none
moviesize=1080p
photosize=3m
videocliplength=30min
selftime=off
continueshot=1
videosound=on
wb=normal
recordingindicator=on
hz=50
motiondetect=off
ev=0.5
saturation=normal
gsensor=off
tvmode=pal
lapsetime=off

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Dre

P.S. found my on/off button, I will glue it back on.

Hi Dare,

First for your important question, can not replace 120 degree lens to be 90 lens, because the aluminum case for 120 degree lens and 90 degree lens are different, even the rest are same.

Capacitor only can support few minutes, and not sure if an added battery to PCBA can work, if you want to try, need to open the case and attach a battery.

About power delay, the better you can check with your local motorcycle bike store, people there may can help a lot.

From your setting, I can see your set 30 minutes long a file, you can try to have them to 3 minutes or shorter to have a try.

Please format SD card inside of camera before trying.

Regards,

Rock

Yes the 90 and 120 degree lenses are not the same diameter, i assume tou can drill / lathe the 90 deg housing up to fit diameter of another lens, but then you allso have to lathe the O-ring groove that house the o-ring making the lens housing waterproof around the lens.

I have tried other lenses on my 90 Deg C3 but had to do that without the front part of the ALU housing, i an now using the default lens as i like its FOV.

Looking at my files on the capasitor C3 i know it loose track of time, but its okay as i dont have any information in my footage, so its only a little annoying when looking for a certain part of a longer recording session

Back