Something that'll make people more clear?

yuppicide

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have the Blueskysea B1W. It does 1080p @ 30fps.

Are there any cameras that will allow me to capture stuff including people on the side of the road better?

I downloaded a video and enlarged it to zoom in on an object and another time a person. They are pixelated and small.

What's needed? A better soon? 60fps?

Oops I kind of asked this already and forgot. I may try the Mobius Maxi someone suggested.

in a area of high density of information to process most current dashcams can get overwhelmed and start blocking in those areas, this can in general be resolved with a higher bitrate, but this in turn make the camera run hotter, and heat can be a issue for a camera on a windscreen in the sun.
Also zoom on a 1080p image cant be done much as it is digital you zoom, so as you zoom in pixel become 2 pixels then 3 and 3 pixels and suddenly its not tiny dots but blocks you are looking at.
Digital zoom can be done with some sucess on 4K footage as it contain 4X as many pixels and so you have to zoom in more before the pixels start to become blocks instead.

This is one reason why some of us have put a "zoom" lens on a camera and put it beside a regular camera, cuz they way we can get a clear view of what is further out ahead where the wide angle lens of a regular camera will not let you zoom in to see things.

But as a "zoom" lens have a much narrower field of view it do nothing for what are on the very edges of a normal wide angle dashcam cuz it just don't see that.

This is one reason why some of us have put a "zoom" lens on a camera and put it beside a regular camera, cuz they way we can get a clear view of what is further out ahead where the wide angle lens of a regular camera will not let you zoom in to see things.

But as a "zoom" lens have a much narrower field of view it do nothing for what are on the very edges of a normal wide angle dashcam cuz it just don't see that.

How does one go about putting on a zoom lens? I'm thinking if this might be a possible way to fix the lens on my N2 Pro.

I have the Blueskysea B1W. It does 1080p @ 30fps.

Are there any cameras that will allow me to capture stuff including people on the side of the road better?

I downloaded a video and enlarged it to zoom in on an object and another time a person. They are pixelated and small.

What's needed? A better soon? 60fps?
The B1W is a good value camera, but its video can appear pixellated, in part due to using a relatively low bitrate. This comparison (100% crop from each video) shows the difference between the B1W and another 1080p30 camera, the A129 which runs at a higher bitrate.
45243 45244

As @kamkar1 pointed out, you can use a camera with a zoom lens to see more detail, but only in the centre of the view. These full-frame views are from my A129 and a Maxi with a varifocal zoom lens.
y4mcRoYOa5QC9_SgKdBGacd5nfq45ujtybBqlIXcGTFn39mj5i4ymjmU2RtoCFkrU9DyO2g89VmBzN6hVTHdKIHOCGRuKcLNF4xjTZLFpuWAoeoC3IBELiC7l159SvAbMHwiJkgnVt3H_cLQlOZloNY9Ei68GjwCeR8HR0uo5hfooiny9-Xx7aIxhY83oX6geXpTIee9JCPfObDeaMw8t-zsA
y4mwRuxK6MXmy_nznjK2Ck6JCeQVB8EjoQI_2OVA6iWt9zmUWLTLhXwFvGtUra1fxwBfjAQZSI5u5RdIRNWClse9oN0mTyraFoxmrqvNd5otmReNEUdC-fVd9YcvrIrhgmPoSItGQwBQ9gQwpXy1zefqdKBpkjFyJEt8ht1DkLFpznmFlS2YS9NZ5qPkOxONBKSinVhDA7QJzIUXHXcFUsWow

If you want to be able to zoom in on all areas of the frame, then a 4K camera is possibly the best way to go. These views are from my A129 (1080p 30fps) and a GitUp F1 (4K 30fps, with a replacement ~140deg FOV lens)
y4mQeE4_ltjjT3G-1q3ZqJkDiZhXMkiH2-4ckKGp5Ie4lXZBL7OL_t7TBKVnR4fr1GEIxU8xV3d2LSJ-iETUKlVGrx7tHS5CsLx-cxJMlEzgoU3cSoS7l_H5H7RlhpyeWp5wHkXEZZKM0IAfk8vBxnHdy3yKbJ3IX0x-uJ49StMNOlusaAOZ87HDvlZB48qjh4kqqD_qFGjrGGZBQ_MRhURQg
y4mf8AmM_DqRv4VV-4jGt8SwkdLWvDUVMI0Ma8RABO4t4JmPFPGWtEI3gQ16j5lB6M4gVL_jukTT-9yn04YE4UJTEuU_fXPngWrPtD9NuJaSDErGhp8QWnwHq8nuvdCvdREAB1iKQBxpBFqE4hSbouBewSp7o-SiWh2MzIcqwAH_e15C66NSFw3W_-Jf465rPumtOZL2ZSl8nutDyH3gBKjcQ

If we zoom in on the people on the other side of the road you can see the difference between 1080p and 4K:
45237 45238

Last edited:
Back