Sometimes DVR not switching on automatically.

VladimirVV

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought 3 Viofo a119 v3 DVRs. Two of them I already installed in my cars.
Earlier I used B1W and Mini 0805 on same cars. This DVRs was good, but 0805 after 4 years of use sometimes not switch on automatically in cold period and have very bad and silent alarm when recording stopped because some error occured.
B1W great, but video quality not very good.

So, I chosed Viofo to get rid of these issues, but they are defective: sometimes when i start my cars and driving, I notice that DVRs not working! It happens very rarely, but very annoying.
After short press Power on button, DVR switching on, as if just connected power.
It's not a screensaver function. I switched off it in settings. Also i increased bitrate. That's all.

I wrote to Viofo support to they resolve problems with DVR's. But i received just some stupid questions about other connected devices (I have no other devices in cigarelle lighter), or offer to use shorter cable (i use original viofo long miniusb cable and no way to use short cable). Why this questions was stupid? Because the problem is solving by short pressing the power on button or switch off/on the car. It's on different two cars.

Anybody has same problem? Attention: you can not to notify this problem, because screensaver function is switched on by default and display is black after 30 seconds.

I'm going to reflect with a pre-trial claim in Aliexpress and to the Viofo representative office in my country (as follows under legislation before going to court). BUT! In court, most likely Viofo does not recognize the guilt and requires a forensic examination. I will need to reproduce this problem, otherwise if the judicial expert will not be able to establish a problem, I will lose the court and all court expenses will be slandering for me.

This problem is very rare and when I tried specially reproduce, only once it was successful. I believe that this may be due to the fact that during the start of the engine, the power has disappeared short. Any ideas?

So, I chosed Viofo to get rid of these issues, but they are defective: sometimes when i start my cars and driving, I notice that DVRs not working! It happens very rarely, but very annoying.
After short press Power on button, DVR switching on, as if just connected power.
Have you tried looking for an answer on this forum?

Use the 'boot delay' in the menu.

Some dashcams are sensitive to make and break power connections.

I'd recommend a hardwire solution if you can

Use the 'boot delay' in the menu.

Some dashcams are sensitive to make and break power connections.

I'd recommend a hardwire solution if you can
Tried boot delay. does not help

I think that these are quality problems. It is only the standard use of the DVR, nothing unusual. Viofo not meet my expectations
Connect the power of the recorder to the fuse box where there is no power failure and there will be no problem.

Earlier I used B1W and Mini 0805 on same cars. This DVRs was good, but 0805 after 4 years of use sometimes not switch on automatically in cold period and have very bad and silent alarm when recording stopped because some error occured.
If you carefully read the topics on these recorders on w3bsit3-dns.com, you can also see that there are problems, the DVR also does not start, I think it’s not worth saying that everything is magical on the old DVR, and Viofo is bad.
There are no ideal devices, but manufacturers are striving for this.

Connect the power of the recorder to the fuse box where there is no power failure and there will be no problem.
Now i tried to modulate problem with my 3rd dvr (disconnect and connect power randomly with USB 2.0 on my laptop) and it works good, powers on correctly. So, now i think your advice will not help. It's just quality issues

Last edited:
Now i tried to modulate problem with my 3rd dvr (disconnect and connect power randomly with USB 2.0 on my laptop) and it works good, powers on correctly. So, now i think your advice will not help. It's just quality issues
Go to the 4PDA forum, this will make it easier to communicate and possibly solve your problem.
you speak Russian?

Hello,

We recommend you use the long USB cable to connect the dashcam to a reliable power like a wall socket to do a test.

Thank you all guys for helping in this thread! If the problem cannot be solved after, please feel free to contact me!

Back