Sometimes fails to save last file

Sentinel

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a G1W-C from Blackbox purchased via Amazon but I started noticing something a little odd. When I shut the car off it does not always reliably save the final (current) file at all. So far I have not been able to determine why it does it sometimes and other times it's fine.

So I started trying to keep and eye on it when I shut down to see if anything on the screen will give me a clue and I noticed that most of the time when I turn off the ignition the screen goes to the Blackbox logo and says "goodbye". When it does that the final file is saved correctly.
However every once in a while it does not show the Blackbox logo/goodbye screen. Instead it shows a circle timer kinda thing and then goes black. When this happens there is no corrupted file or anything, there is just no last file. The second to last file from a minute or two before is the last file on the card.

Anyone have any ideas what's causing this or how I can fix it? The Blackbox website does not seem to have any firmware listed to download or any listing of newer firmware.

Some say the 2014.1028.11 firmware will fix this. Do you have this firmware?
I have a newer version that's 2015 but I don't know where to download it. I haven't had any issues with corrupted files.

I don't know what firmware I currently have. In the settings screen there is an option for version but mine only says "V1". Besides which it is a Blackbox manufactured unit and their website does not have any firmware available to download. I have emailed them but have not heard back yet. I don't think I will hear from them.

Other than Blackbox I don't know where to get firmware or if it will work on my unit.

This is the brand website from the box that it came in. But it does not show the G1w-CB that I have.

http://www.bboxcam.com/

So I might be able to flash with another companies firmware?

So I might be able to flash with another companies firmware?

yes, these are all just generic model, you could have a faulty one though and flashing to another firmware may not help, it could leave you without any warranty also, I'd try getting it replaced by the seller and leave firmware to the last resort

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C G1WX 3
Back