SOOCOO C30 - Time Setting

Xtian

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, for all those with the C30, are you having problems keeping the time set. I bought a C30 last month and noticed that the time & dates would reset to defaults when I switch out the battery. I thought it was defective and so I returned it and had them send a new one. The replacement came in and it does the same thing and I have to set the time and date each time I swap out the battery. Anyone else having this issue? I must either be really unlucky or its bad design.

MSW

Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
i have 3 psc C30 - on all time reset
I think this is not a software problem, it is a defect of the hardware
real-time clock reset to zero due to the fact that they do not have a separate power supply

MSW

Reaction score
Country
Ukraine
if plug usb and replace battery - time not reset

OP
X

Xtian

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a good tip, plugging in the camera to a usb to keep the time from resetting. But if I'm in the middle of an outing I would have to bring a portable power pack with me to do it.

OP
X

Xtian

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm thinking if I'm going to return the camera or not. I like it and got some good pics and videos from it but its annoying to always have to reset the time on it. A small capacitor or battery would have solved this issue. What do you think... keep it and put up with the hassle or return it and by a different brand? Since a lot of these cameras are nearly identical I'm afraid similar cameras would have the same issue.

OP
X

Xtian

Reaction score
Country
United States
Figured out that if you switch out the battery in 4sec or less it will keep the time setting. So it looks like a hardware/design issue.