SOOCOO C30 - Time Setting

Xtian

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, for all those with the C30, are you having problems keeping the time set. I bought a C30 last month and noticed that the time & dates would reset to defaults when I switch out the battery. I thought it was defective and so I returned it and had them send a new one. The replacement came in and it does the same thing and I have to set the time and date each time I swap out the battery. Anyone else having this issue? I must either be really unlucky or its bad design.

i have 3 psc C30 - on all time reset
I think this is not a software problem, it is a defect of the hardware
real-time clock reset to zero due to the fact that they do not have a separate power supply

if plug usb and replace battery - time not reset

That's a good tip, plugging in the camera to a usb to keep the time from resetting. But if I'm in the middle of an outing I would have to bring a portable power pack with me to do it.

I'm thinking if I'm going to return the camera or not. I like it and got some good pics and videos from it but its annoying to always have to reset the time on it. A small capacitor or battery would have solved this issue. What do you think... keep it and put up with the hassle or return it and by a different brand? Since a lot of these cameras are nearly identical I'm afraid similar cameras would have the same issue.

Figured out that if you switch out the battery in 4sec or less it will keep the time setting. So it looks like a hardware/design issue.

Back