Soocoo S100 Pro action camera - loop recording of course but with a GPS Logger!

bobflyman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My latest camera test , Soocoo S100 Pro. Same Sony sensor and chip as the SJCam 5000xElite which is one my favourite non-native 4K action cameras. This one was also good. Around the £100 mark but with touch screen operation (lowest touch screen camera I’ve tested) gyrostabilised, voice control (though I didn’t have massive success with that.) BUT it also has a GPS Logger so as you are videoing it is recording your GPS track and inserting it into video data. And then using a downloadable player (I used Windows version, not sure if available for Mac) you can view the video with a Google Earth (or Maps) inset plus speed, lat long and an altitude profile. There’s a test clip in my review. Doesn’t show altitude in numbers unfortunately. Good for dashcam use as it has video plus position on Google Maps and speed. The player is a beta version so maybe that may be added at some point. Anyway, I liked this camera. Video is sharp, good colour and dynamic range. The user interface wasn’t the easiest I’ve used, but I got used to it and the camera has a nice ribbed feel (there’s a joke there?) Soocoo don’t make clones, this is their own camera, so there should be support, FW updates even? Does all the usual stuff, burst photos, time lapse, loop recording etc. I got about an 1hr 15m recording time, that should improve with a few charges, and the battery is an easily obtainable size anyway. (Battery was tight in the slot, manufacturers told me they’d fixed that issue.)
This is worth a look I reckon.

Priced at $130 or about a £100 but 17.5% off with Coupon code e85b01 on my Banggood link

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
USDashCamera Dash Cam Reviews 36
Back