SOOCOO S300 CMOS Sony IMX377 with Hisilicon Hi3559V100 (4k/30FPS)

As i said before, they started well with the marketing but they lost themselves when they started production. I think that the production cost with all of those features was too high for them and they cut some or it was just a marketing mistake.
Anyway, it's not the money, it's the principle that counts.
If you recieve a answer from them please share it with us.

OK, so I asked them about the key specifications and expected an honest answer. Here is their answer: "Hi, the functions of voice control and GPS are not available so far, but our engineers are working on them, will update these functions to the future firmware. Yes, we confirm the S300 action camera built with Sony IMX377, Hi3559v100 chip and 8G all-glass lens. Thank you."

I'm from the States, so I am not sure exactly how products are made, advertised and sold oversea. But my thought is they are not used to being completely consistent throughout their design, engineering and marketing process. Marketing department did not work closely with other departments prior to S300 being released. They rushed out a product that wasn't ready with all initial features.

Ho.. hum! There's Yi 4k+, and I'm pretty sure the're truthful!

Same as my Camera OFF position BATTERY DRAINING :( Big problem

firmware .......1219 latest.

Well..they say that their engeneers ar working to solve this problem and others ( missing of voice control and external gps logger, severe sound delay when recording using LDC on 4k res, and other small isues) but they don't know when the update will be ready.

My review here. The camera I received had a version 2712 which had a couple of other screen swipe options, but the only opened occeasionally. eg downswipe was quick access to wifi, bluetooth etc. There was also a playback option. On the advice of Banggood installed S300.Hi3559.IMX377.8G.9.6.3.18.20171219 which I 'd say is an older version. Video results are pretty good, though I've found with a few recent cameras I've looked at 4k is very good, but 1080 not as good. I can't say I have seen a battery drain issue so far.

I think things will improve with a FW update soon.

Bob,how fast did you speed the vid up?
...like to see your parasailing vid with this cam!

OK, so I asked them about the key specifications and expected an honest answer. Here is their answer: "Hi, the functions of voice control and GPS are not available so far, but our engineers are working on them, will update these functions to the future firmware. Yes, we confirm the S300 action camera built with Sony IMX377, Hi3559v100 chip and 8G all-glass lens. Thank you."

I'm from the States, so I am not sure exactly how products are made, advertised and sold oversea. But my thought is they are not used to being completely consistent throughout their design, engineering and marketing process. Marketing department did not work closely with other departments prior to S300 being released. They rushed out a product that wasn't ready with all initial features.
Yi technology took at least one fw revision before the voice control was" up to snuff" on their 4k+ judging by Amazon complaints, so maybe Soocoo will get their act together!

Well..they say that their engeneers ar working to solve this problem and others ( missing of voice control and external gps logger, severe sound delay when recording using LDC on 4k res, and other small isues) but they don't know when the update will be ready.

i think camera off position battery drain is hardware problem

Yes it could be, but it can be firmware as well. I know that because i had a similar problem with my phone, who was draining the battery in just one hour. After another update the problem was gone. Now i'm using the same phone and it's as it should.

Yes it could be, but it can be firmware as well. I know that because i had a similar problem with my phone, who was draining the battery in just one hour. After another update the problem was gone. Now i'm using the same phone and it's as it should.

phones usually suffer that problem from a rouge app, there's no third party apps on the camera so if it was an OS problem they should all be suffering the same

Hello, did anyone observed that while recording some recordings freeze and why would that happend? Looking on what i've recorded i saw that the recording freeze many times. Other thing i've notice is that after updating the FW to the last version, the "image stabiliser" function is off and i can't turn it on. I've just experienced that and i'm becoming more and more disappointed by this camera.

image stablisation is generally only available in some resolutions, if you have an incompatible resolution selected it might be why that option is not available

I've tried them all..after the last update it won't turn on. I will revert to the one before the last update.

Other thing i've notice is that after updating the FW to the last version, the "image stabiliser" function is off and i can't turn it on.

You might want to turn off LDC option for IS option to be activated again. I guess we can only turn on either one of those options but not both in the newest firmware. That sucks because I need both options. I will have to test more on freeze frames problem. Hopefully, they will address those new issues soon in future firmware.

Because i needed that too i have reverted the FW to the one before the last ..and now ist's ok. I've already sent them a message on their official site...but i saw that they dind't add anything new on the FAQ section for a long time.

How great the battery drain? All of my cams must use some battery potential maintaining settings. The Hero 6 has a component that keeps the Bluetooth facility on for 8 hrs.,so that the camera can be turned on remotely.

Back