SOOCOO S300 CMOS Sony IMX377 with Hisilicon Hi3559V100 (4k/30FPS)

For what i have seen unitll now, the battery goes down to 0 and to protect it i have removed it from the camera when i'm not using it. Anyway, i have sent a message on their official site with the problem and they said that they will look into it, but that was some time ago and the fw updates released 'till now haven't done any good. Also, they aren't responding to any message from some time ago.

How great the battery drain? All of my cams must use some battery potential maintaining settings. .

My experience so far, battery drain situation seemed to improve somewhat in the latest fw (v.20180218). It used to get to very low level in 2-3 days and power itself off when I turned on. Now I still get some power left to record (about 10 min) after 7-8 days. I bought extra batteries, so hopefully they'll be handy for longer trips. Like I mentioned before, I cannot get IS and LDC on at the same time (any recording modes) in current fw. But I have not experienced the freeze frame so far (in 4k30p). Although, I have not tested them in all recording modes. We'll see.

Can you please tell me what sd card do you use? I think that maybe the card is to blame for the freezes. I have a Kingston 64Gb SDXC class 10 uhsi 1 and i know that it's not suitable for 4k recordings but it should be ok for 1080p at 30 or 60 fps, i guess.

Last edited:
SDXC should indicate an U3 card, which would be adequate for 4k recording! Doesn't it have the U3 symbol?

No, it's just U1...but shouldn't be ok for 1080p at 30 or 60 fps?

I have SanDisk(WD) extreme pros of 64 gigs! Satisfied with them in my Yi 4k+ at 4k/60, also a no-name Amplin from Amazon works well!

Hi I want to buy my first action camera, but can decide between s300 or Firefly 8s 90° , I like the narrower FOW on Firefly, but I can see some option to change FOW on S300, can you tell me please that the option helps to remove distortion and fish eye effect, also anyone has Eken H5s + ,as I considered that as one of the option but also has 170degrees FOw? thank you for any advice. Peter

Yeah...another "great" update. Still can't use LDC and EIS together.

So..i was comparing my old SJ4000 with the new S300 and i saw something that doesn't look right. When filming on 4K it suppose to be filming with 30 fps..but the movie properties says that the movie is made with only 5fps. Also..the bitrate on SJ seems to be bigger than the S300's. Can you check your movies to see if it 's the same problem?

Attachments

• Test SJ4000 S300.png
    Test SJ4000 S300.png
    156.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Well after looking into it..it seems that the card dind't have the necessary write speed.

Hi, I want to ask when the cam finished the charging will change the colour of the light? My S300 keep show red light even after charging overnight?

Yes , when the charging is finished, a green or blue light must be on.

I updated the newest firmware but still can't change colour after all night charging and the seller claims that it was S300 issue. What can I do >__<

Well, if the seller sais it is a S300 issue, he must solve your problem, replacing the battery if is dead...or the camera if is faulty. Taltk to the seller and ask him to change the camera on warranty, or to offer you a solution to your problem.

Last edited:
Many brands of inexpensive action cams are not made by the name on the camera- one reason I buy Yi tech.

SDXC should indicate an U3 card, which would be adequate for 4k recording! Doesn't it have the U3 symbol?
No, it's just U1...but shouldn't be ok for 1080p at 30 or 60 fps?

Not necessarily. the U rating is for stills. What matters for Video is the V Rating. It needs to be V60 or V90 for 4k. You can sometimes get away with V30, but the camera would have to have quite a low bitrate. The number relates to MB/Sec so should be fairly ease to match to the camera.

Back