Sooooooo, thinking of dumping my two new Vantrue's for BlackVue (2 Viewers)

jjbondjjbond

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have sitting in front of me, two new Vantrue N2 Pro dashcams, with extra GPS mounts (suction and sticky tape), hard wire kits, yada yada yada. These are the ones that have the upgraded interior camera, great for ride share drivers.

Before I install them, I've been debating selling them and going BlackVue 900 dual (front rear) but I know the minute I buy a 900 system, a 1000 or new and improved version will come out... so do any of you know of any rumors of a better top tier setup they're about to come out with? I may just list these two I have in the classifieds section.

Jen

Just wondering what are your likes and dislikes on N2 pro?

The 900S are a first gen camera ( 4K ) and it have seen its share of issues, if you are in a place that see high temperatures it might be a problem, maybe more so if you would want to use it for parking guard too.
But i am not aware of any pending Blackvue models, Thinkware on the other hand seem to have a few new things in the pipeline, 2.7K cameras ans so on.
I am also sure other brands are working on 4K cameras, but i have no idea about release window for these, but i do think we will see a new 4K camera or two before the year are over.

None, haven't used.
So, why did you choose them, and then why did you consider the Blackvue 900?
Do you require the cabin camera for rideshare use?

It is very hard to help without any information on your requirements!

So, why did you choose them, and then why did you consider the Blackvue 900?
Do you require the cabin camera for rideshare use?

It is very hard to help without any information on your requirements!
With all due respect, I didn't ask for an analysis on if my decision to purchase the Vantrue was correct, OR an analysis on what version to get based on discussions about my needs that I'm not interested in having.... my question was "so do any of you know of any rumors of a better top tier setup they're about to come out with?"

So yes, it would be hard for you to answer a question I didn't ask...

Take care
Jen

With all due respect, I didn't ask for an analysis on if my decision to purchase the Vantrue was correct, OR an analysis on what version to get based on discussions about my needs that I'm not interested in having.... my question was "so do any of you know of any rumors of a better top tier setup they're about to come out with?"

So yes, it would be hard for you to answer a question I didn't ask...

Take care
Jen
You would still get a better answer if you told us your requirements!

For example, estore009 may have asked her question because she is about to release her "top tier" dashcam to compete with the Vantrue N2 (although the N2 will not be very competitive), but that dashcam will not compete with the Blackvue since it has no cloud connectivity. Then Viofo have their A129 Pro coming soon, which also has no cloud, although it will compete with the Blackvue on image quality, and win easily!

But if we are answering your question strictly as asked, then both those cameras are real, not rumors, so I shouldn't have mentioned them! And they also don't come from either of the manufacturers you listed, so again I shouldn't have mentioned them... (you said "they're" not "anyone")

In regards to a BlackVue model that will replace the DR900S - the answer is certainly not for at least the rest of 2019 and likely 2020 as well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 2
P DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 29
Back