SOS Cost

Jon.N

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

Ive had a quick look and couldn't see anything about this.o_O
After the first 12mths free of the SOS service, does anybody know how much the subscription is ?

TIA

Don’t quote me on this but according to The Sunday Times Driving supplement it’s £2.99 a month.

quote from the paper below:-

Richard Browning, director at Nextbase, said Emergency SOS, which is free to all customers for the first 12 months and £2.99 per month thereafter, differs from other similar services, such as Volvo’s On Call and GM’s OnStar, in that there is no button to press, will activate based on its own protocols even if the car’s airbag is not deployed and doesn’t rely on a call centre intermediary between the car and integrator.

“The reality is, this is going to save lives,” he added.

Hope that’s helps.

I'd like to know just how this works in the UK??? Emergency services are deployed after someone contacts the British Telecom's 9's service and that call is routed to the applicable emergency service. In so far as I know that only supports voice calls made to the emergency number and in some cases Advanced Mobile Location Service, if the phone supports it, that provides a one off location update just after the 9's call is made. The problem with AMLS is that it's not supported by all regions and services across the UK.

Anyone know exactly how Nextbase have implemented this feature?

I wouldn't even contemplate something like this, in a dashcam or as build into a car.
TBH if the car maker put something and a microphone into my car, i will at least have to disable the microphone.

I am very geeky but this kind of smart, are not smart in my book.

I wonder how it would look on Nextbase if you had a serious accident but hadn’t paid/didn’t know and the subscription lapsed. I would imagine the ambulance chasers could exploit that for a bob or two.

I'm sure it's £2.99 a month.
And per the acceptance "contract", strict guidelines must be met for the service, and also, it's not a "guaranteed" service, unless conditions are met.

Yeah I think it's money for old rope personally, can't imagine many are going to pay for it once the 12months is up. When I filled a survey in for Nextbase a while back, it was one of the few negatives I mentioned, I think the SOS should be included at no extra cost.

I think BT operate it in the UK, so I guess they will want their pound of flesh, hence the charges.

Back