sound is distorted ?

ninja_geezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been playing with new cameras today ,noticed if the radio was on in the car the sound picked up by the blackvue mic is very distorted as though mic is too sensitive, can this be turned down (cant see the option any where. and do all the blackvue cameras sound the same.

please have a listen and see what you think ?
the radio on (DAB) was on only quiet .

spoke to blackvue uk and they told me to send it back as it was faulty , so that's what i have done today...
see if the next one is any better,after what you just said i doubt it...pretty piss poor for a £300 camera really..:mad:

The sound from my camera MIC is nothing as bad as that. Mines will distort if the noise is too loud in the car.

Is your camera positioned center and top of the windscreen (behind the mirror)? The video looks off center (positioned right) and a bit low (closer to the dash than the roof liner). The height issue maybe an illusion due to the cameras fish eye effect.

You may want to tilt the camera down a notch or two so you get a bit more dash and less sky in the frame. Too much sky can play havoc with the exposure levels and also can cause the camera to process more of the sky than what is important in front. Your camera is showing 50/50 with the horizon in the middle. Try and use a 2/3 rule, with the horizon sitting on the 1/3 from the top of the video frame. The Sky should then take no more than 1/3 of the image. This would help with exposure and focus the camera on the road in front instead of the horizon.

Hi Alan,
after that video i did point the camera down more as suggested elsewhere.
Also the camera is just slightly left of my centre line very near the top behind the mirror.i spent ages getting the best view sticking it on with tape before i finally stuck the mount in place.
on my car (fiesta ST current model).under the mirror there is a large plastic moulding that surrounds the auto wiper sensor and wires ect so the camera is mounted just to the left of this.
from my normal driving position (i am a short arse lol) i can just see the bottom of the camera ,i cant see the leds .

replacement camera came today ,sound is still bad.if im stationary and speak or have the radio on low sounds fine .if i drive its bad .and if the window is open its hideous !!
maybe i will leave the sound off..

Reactions: GRG
replacement camera came today ,sound is still bad.if im stationary and speak or have the radio on low sounds fine .if i drive its bad .and if the window is open its hideous !!
It sounds like I'm having a similar issue, the sound recorded is as if I have the ventilation on full blast, in addition today, the second day the speaker has turned to sounding like its underwater, and I have to agree pretty poor for £300!

It sounds like I'm having a similar issue, the sound recorded is as if I have the ventilation on full blast, in addition today, the second day the speaker has turned to sounding like its underwater, and I have to agree pretty poor for £300!
I now never use the audio ...tbh i get a lot of work phone calls on my bluetooth when im driving so dont really want to record all that lol..
but yes ive tried 2 units and they both sound the same very poor for £300 ,its a shame there is no adjustment for mic sensitivity.
the video quality is not bad ive settled on the latest firmware from pittasoft and its very stable.

It's a shame you have to chose to turn off sound recordings, and you shouldn't have to, it can't be that difficult for that to be addressed electronically, if everyone had the same issue then I would feel inclined to not waste my time, but because it's not happening to all of them it's not something I will live with, if I/you had an incident that turns nasty the sound recordings could be important.
Do you also have a speaker that sounds like it's gone under water!? Mine has, but was ok for the first day.

I can not fault the supplier, they have offered to replace.
Yes a fault, and they have agreed that such a simple issue should be addressed its only a mic and speaker fault, in the world of electronics that's hardly the biggest fix in the world!

You shouldn't have to turn a feature off because its not working.

You shouldn't have to turn a feature off because its not working.
i agree but ive tried 2 and they both sound the same if you get a good one let me know and i will chase another replacement.

i agree but ive tried 2 and they both sound the same if you get a good one let me know and i will chase another replacement.
I will let you know, if you had yours in March and I've had mine now, 2-3 months later it could be a fluke ?
Surprised we are the only two if it is a big problem.

I will let you know, if you had yours in March and I've had mine now, 2-3 months later it could be a fluke ?
Surprised we are the only two if it is a big problem.
I think most or all are the same .most people never use the audio on the cams ive found ,or some people maybe not so fussy as we are .

I have the same "problem" with the sounds. I think the mic has its gain set to maximum. The cam picks up everything even wind! I noticed there's less noise as I come to a stop or have my windows up.

I have the same "problem" with the sounds. I think the mic has its gain set to maximum. The cam picks up everything even wind! I noticed there's less noise as I come to a stop or have my windows up.
Billy have you recently had yours and how is the speaker, mine is not audible, I can't even tell if it's saying wifi on or off its that bad.

On a separate post/thread a gent from China with almost 7000 comments said that its a hardware fault, speaker and microphone.

Can't fault the supplier.
I've literally just recieved a replacement so fingers crossed the speaker at least works !

Back