Sound Issue with new in-car charger

Reyalp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
E-Prance 0801 8Gb int. GPS + 0805 8bg int. GPS
Hi guys,

My mini 080? has been running fine for months now (very pleased with it) great image quality and most importantly for me 'fire an forget'. However, I had (broke old one) to get a new phone over xmas (a lumia 950) and updated my in-car charging arrangements. This new phone does the super quick charge thing, so I got one of these;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00WWPGB2C
, thinking it would take care of my phone and the mini dashcam. However, i noticed the dashcam didn't always power up correctly ( I had to diss then reconnect the USB lead to get it working), and now on reviewing some of the footage I find the audio has some issues. When I say issues I mean a over powering electronic buzz that obscures everything that you wouldn't want it to. The image quality is still excellent (always has been), its a great dashcam in that respect but I do get some visual lines (what I would call 50/60hz striations) floating up the image.

So the first thing I would like to do is update the firmware on the dashcam, and there
lies a problem.

The thing is, i'm not sure which dashcam I have, I ordered a 0803, but I believe I got a 0805 instead.

I know I can spend the next 3 weeks wading through the posts and finding the right thread in order to find out what I have, but does anyone know of a quick way?

Secondly, has anyone tried using one of these 'quick chargers' along with the mini series of cameras?

regards

M

The thing is, i'm not sure which dashcam I have, I ordered a 0803, but I believe I got a 0805 instead.

I know I can spend the next 3 weeks wading through the posts and finding the right thread in order to find out what I have, but does anyone know of a quick way?

what resolution options do you have to choose from in the settings menu currently?

I've been using one of these with good results:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B00XTXMAE4But my dashcam (0806) and sat nav are plugged in to the regular ports ("smart" ports) not the Quick Charge port.

Thankyou Rajagra,

I have ordered your suggestion from amazon, arrives tomorrow, will let you know how I get on with it.

regards

Reyalp

what resolution options do you have to choose from in the settings menu currently?

Hi Jokiin,

Thanks for your help, I kinda guessed what camera I had in the end from the existing firmware. have updated to the latest with no problems, so I'm thinking it must be the right firmware.

regards

reyalp

Back