Speed and clock

Yeah.
I am not too worried though with this brand and so on, and it is not like it affect the general performance and saving of files, the clock are set correct long before the first file need to be saved.
Or so i think, CUZ if it is 01-01-2020 every time it is also the first file to get deleted once the next one are up ( with a full card ), and i have not had any sub 3 min drives as the only drives.
and such old file should not get deleted on my camera as the memory card are not full, so if it save one it should be there for me to see.
With the unusual plugs of this camera it is also hard to charge it, but at least there is one USB port that i assume cam be used for that if need be.
I am also not sure if it is every drive or just the first one of the day, so will keep a eye out for this in the days to come, while i dont drive much it should be fine for the 1 hour parking mode i use.

Yeah.
I am not too worried though with this brand and so on, and it is not like it affect the general performance and saving of files, the clock are set correct long before the first file need to be saved.
Or so i think, CUZ if it is 01-01-2020 every time it is also the first file to get deleted once the next one are up ( with a full card ), and i have not had any sub 3 min drives as the only drives.
and such old file should not get deleted on my camera as the memory card are not full, so if it save one it should be there for me to see.
With the unusual plugs of this camera it is also hard to charge it, but at least there is one USB port that i assume cam be used for that if need be.
I am also not sure if it is every drive or just the first one of the day, so will keep a eye out for this in the days to come, while i dont drive much it should be fine for the 1 hour parking mode i use.

Yes, and I agree with that it is not affecting the performance and that is exactly that I am thinking that after it starts up as 01/01/20 and then gets the GPS, it will erase the old files for 01/01/20 when the memory card is full.

Send me a private message or email with your details if a swap is needed.

Sure, thanks for the prompt response! For now, I think I'm going to keep using it and see if it fixes itself (if the intended behavior is that the cam saves the date and time).. I may swap it out in the future unless you want to swap this unit out now to examine it.. In addition, I want to see if any more people are experiencing the behavior (to see if the behavior is expected or prevalent in the earlier units) before going through the process of swapping it out..

I can't say with this cam, but many cams go wonky if they try to overwrite what seems to be an older file over a newer one. So this could potentially be a problem but I have all the confidence in the world that Jokiin and SG will make sure this gets sorted out. He's obsessive about his cams working right and we benefit from that (y)

Phil

Yeah i am not really sure what is going on, i will go check my car and the DR again soon to see if it is back to the default time/date/year after just a little while.
When i took my drive tonight my car had been parked for 20 hours or so, but now it have only been parked for a few hours.
As seen in my video the camera record for something like 43 seconds, before the time/date normalize ( GPS fix acquired i think a bit hard to tell as my phone dont handle the lighting well )

As i expected the time/date was just fine, on my #2 drive today, so something happen when the car is parked for a longer period it would seem.
So now i will go to bed early, and then see tomorrow morning if thats long enough for the time to have reverted.

As i expected the time/date was just fine, on my #2 drive today, so something happen when the car is parked for a longer period it would seem.
So now i will go to bed early, and then see tomorrow morning if thats long enough for the time to have reverted.
keep an eye on it and let me know what you find, could also be a firmware bug but I need to check on that

Will do, ill yank the SD card tomorrow evening too to see, if there are anything suspicious like wront time /date files or if it have managed to reproduce the whiteout on the front camera.
Gotten none of my planned work done in the past days, when i finally sleep, and wake up after a few hours i just turn on the other side and sleep some more.
So now i have a lot lined up for Sunday, and i am not overly optimistic i will get around to do it all, energy levels have tumbled drastic here, feel like winter depression already set in.
And my usual 2 days of work at my friend house have been put off to Monday and Tuesday due to weather, and i still feel like standing him up on that.

Must have a look around and see where i have misplaced the man in me :)

On my first drive today the time/date was okay, but the car had also just been sitting 10 hours or so.
My drive yesterday was short ones, so i doubt it is due to the unit being "charged" more.

On my first drive today the time/date was okay, but the car had also just been sitting 10 hours or so.
My drive yesterday was short ones, so i doubt it is due to the unit being "charged" more.
ok if you can make a point of keeping note of any issues at startup and let me know will be helpful

Yeah i am investigating this issue closely. (y) ( made notepad docu on my desktop )
I dont think i have replicated the morning startup / few seconds of whiteout on the front camera, i am doing my best to glance at the LCD screen when i set off from home / anywhere.

I hope its not me putting the DR within eyesight that have jinxed the whole thing.

Here are my tests yesterday once at 1200 and the other at 1900, same result, it shows 01/01/20 on startup and after it gets the GPS signal it updates. I am unsure if it actually records at 01/01/20 or the actual date, it does appear that some of the older files from 01/01/20 remain, may have to go in and delete them manually..

1200:

1900:

The memory card should be full there are a whole bunch of videos at the top, the 01/01/20 is at the bottom of the list with the latest videos..

Here are my tests yesterday once at 1200 and the other at 1900, same result, it shows 01/01/20 on startup and after it gets the GPS signal it updates. I am unsure if it actually records at 01/01/20 or the actual date, it does appear that some of the older files from 01/01/20 remain, may have to go in and delete them manually..
ok, somethings wrong, I'll have @Street Guardian USA follow up with you and arrange to replace the main unit, we'll have a closer look at that one when it gets back

Is this something to be concerned about? I have noticed this on both of my parent's DR units, but since the date and time updates (I think based on GPS lock) I figured it wasn't a big deal. I will start recording dashcam startups to see if I can get it on camera though. Whenever I have gone through the SD card, there are no 1/1/20 recordings.

Is there a battery in the unit that keeps the time even when there is no power?

Could there be something causing an extra drain on the battery. I was just about to buy a DR, but it looks like I'll be holding off now.

Could there be something causing an extra drain on the battery. I was just about to buy a DR, but it looks like I'll be holding off now.

Considering that they are taking care of everyone affected by this and are shipping replacements first before receiving affected units, there is no issue as I see it. Since the display unit is separate from the front camera, it should be a max of 2 minutes to make the swap out.

Back