Speed Camera Database

pxr5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I've been using the F770 for a few months now and I put the latest speed camera db from the support site onto the camera when I first got it. Is this information ever updated by Thinkware? The downloaded file has a simple name with no indication of the release date or version. So how do I know when to download a newr version of the database, even find out when there is a newer release? TIA.

It's updated on the Thinkware.com website every 3 months. You can download the smartguidepoint.dx2 file and place that into the 'driveinfo' folder on the memory card and it will load when the camera powers up again. If you connect you App to the camera you can go to a dashcam info tab and it will show the database version. It has the year (2017) then month (12)then the day (26 i think) plus some extra numbers.

Excellent. Great information, thank you.

I've been using the speedcam warnings since I got the camera. I quite like them, but just making sure I had the latest database.

It's updated on the Thinkware.com website every 3 months. You can download the smartguidepoint.dx2 file and place that into the 'driveinfo' folder on the memory card and it will load when the camera powers up again. If you connect you App to the camera you can go to a dashcam info tab and it will show the database version. It has the year (2017) then month (12)then the day (26 i think) plus some extra numbers.

Hi Maddog1974. I've just connected my Android phone to my F770 over wifi. There is nowhere in the Thinkware Dash Cam App that I can see that shows the speed camera database information. I have App Info, Device Info and GPS Info. None of those show speed camera information. I looked in the Dashcam settings too and nothing obvious there either. I definitely have the speedcam warnings enabled and working and the smartguidepoint.dx2 file in the right place. Any idea? Thanks.

Hi Maddog1974. Sorry I've not replied sooner but my car has been in the dealer's. Anyway the image you showed above for the F750 is not the same as the F770. So really there is no way of showing the speed camera database on the F770, which is a bit rubbish really.:

Screenshot_20180224-124954.jpg

I think you are right, when i get some time i will look into this. I think the app may have changed, the last update was to do with how the camera database is stored on the camera (you havent done that update yet though)

Back