Speed camera location incorrect

Speedbird

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly I love my F770 front and back, great quality and now with the recent Apple update to iOS 13 super great!

However, the speed camera warnings is driving me mad at one particular point of my daily journey, for a period of 4 miles or so each way i get "Mobile speed camera zone" constantly with only a few seconds between each warning Arrrrgh it's driving me bananas as it's not one of those. It was about 2 years ago during long term roadworks but not now.

I love the rest or the warnings but just this one is SO WRONG! and i do not want to turn off totally the sounds.

I keep updating the database every time one is released but no difference.

Anyone know how to edit the file to stop this?

I know that Thinkware uses the Cyclops database, so i installed that on my phone and that works correctly so I have no idea what's going on. Do you?

Are there any bridges on that stretch of road you are referring too, because I have noticed that you do get mobile speed warnings on some bridges as you approach to go underneath, I would not dismiss the warning it totally it may be that a mobile camera has been there but not often, to give you a example my F770 gave me a warning of a mobile speed camera for about a year, then one day I was travelling on that stretch of road which you approach to it over a hill, for some reason that day although I had never ever seen a mobile speed camera van there, I thought perhaps I should heed the warning I reduced my speed just a little, and directly over the hill was a mobile speed camera van which would have easily got me for speeding, since then I always take the appropriate action, whilst it can be annoying its far better than get a speeding ticket and points on your licence.

I take your point and thanks you for replying, i accept what you are saying but does it need to constantly keep saying it? yes I'm passing under a motorway junction but not for 4 miles i'm not, although thats where it starts at the bridge.

I suspect that the warning is for the section of road being prone to the Speed Camera van being parked in that area too and not for the Roadworks that were there some time ago. That is the one downside to that warning when you have a long stretch of road that they might park on. On the F770 as you say you can't disable just the Mobile warnings. You can only turn them all off or drive 10% below the actual speed limit and it shouldn't mention them (assuming you have the latest firmware on the unit). Often if you drive so your Speedo is exactly on the limit they usually read 2/3mph fast so it stops the warnings.

When it comes for an upgrade of the camera all the newer models give the option to disable the Mobile Warnings only and leave the fixed camera warnings on but they couldn't implement that to the F770 i'm afraid.

result is only as good as the data, unfortunately the mobile speed cam data makes a mess of this function, my Kenwood head unit suffers the same problem to the point where I just turned the camera warnings off due to the amount of false positives it gives

Excessive speed-camera warnings were initially driving me nuts as well, to the point where I just switched off that feature via the App.
As long as you're following the posted speed limits, I feel there's no need for it in any case.

Back