SpeedCams binary Database

mistikon

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Hi,

I apologize in advance, there are difficulties with English, so I use an interpreter.

There is a task to fill up the database of cameras for the Panther-HD DVR. The firmware was downloaded on their website. They periodically make updates, but that's not enough. In the RFS sector, there is a sample.bin file in which, apparently, the database is stored. I figured this out by comparing the contents of several firmwares in chronological order. There are no other changing files in the firmware. However, the file is presented in binary form. At first I thought that the list is simply represented by uniform blocks of data of 48 bytes, found out experimentally, but I could not find suitable types of data and their displacements. The lack of a solution led me to think that the file is encrypted. Using various utilities such as xortool and other similar, there is no result. I could not find the key. But periodically, something very similar to the list is built, if you open a file in a text document. However, until now I have not found a solution. Can someone come across this or whoever will have thoughts on this.

You can download the sample.bin file here

Thanks

Back