SplashETech FX625 Vs AUSDOM A261 Vs Dome D201

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
Okay so first off please bear with me. This is my very first comparison video so I am still quite a novice here. I used Corel VideoStudio Pro X8 that I recently purchased. This is the first time I have ever used it.

I was a little confused by the bitrate export settings I exported at H.264 High with a bitrate of I believe 23000 kbps and that came out to almost 21MB for the output file. I set the project size 2560 x 1440 to I'll also upload all three files separate.
Any tips on how to correctly use Corel VideoStudio are welcome.

Thanks.

All 3

FX625

A261

D201

Is exposure at 0 on all?

Is exposure at 0 on all?
I think it is all set to +0.3 I should have looked before. I'll double check now

FX +0.3
A261 +0.3
D201 can not change. HDR was off in videos

I just reset the other two back to 0.0
I'll try to run them again.

Last edited:
Any problems with this new product?
Other then some firmware tweaks (higher bitrate, EV bias, MPH/Speed off)The more I look this camera (D201) seems to be a little darker then the other two. Other then that everything has been okay.

It's also interesting to note that while I have not studied it closely yet with all three cameras up the A261 seems to lock on to GPS fine while the D201 does not seem to lock on at all. I have the GPS stuck as far on the passenger side of the dash that I can.

Might still be processing
D201 should say 2560 X 1440 in the video above i miss typed sorry about that.

Video was done in Corel VideoStudio Pro X8
Original format of project .mov (MP4 seemed to have some issues saving correctly this time)
Project size 2560X1440
Project bitrate is a little over 20MB

Last edited:
GPS is not as fast as Ausdom but it gets locked every time within two minutes or sooner.

It appears that you don't have same amount of sky in those videos.
More sky, darker the footage.

FX has very less sky so it looks much brighter.

FX has very less sky so it looks much brighter.
I'll have to try to aim them better.
WitYpb6.png

Yes, D201 looks pretty dark.
Which one is realistic? FX maybe brighter than real.

Back