Spring Is Here

Hah! I know the feeling. Here in the north country of New England, spring had finally arrived after a harsh winter. The sun was shining, the crocuses were blooming, daffodils were pushing up through the ground and then suddenly we got dumped with a foot of snow and the bitter cold temperatures returned again. Tomorrow we are expecting a fierce storm with rain, hail, and wind gusts of 55+ miles per hour! Where I live on a small mountain the high winds may be even worse and that always means trouble. If we're lucky we will only lose power when some trees come down on the wires but sometimes there can be serious damage. Nice spring weather will come back eventually. :)

Look like i will get several chances to play with all night time lapse shooting in the week to come.
BUT ! temperatures still touch 0 degrees at night, and daytime temperatures have been moderated a few days was set to get closer to 20 deg C but they have adjusted that down some degrees.
top graph is next 2 days, bottom 3 - 9 days ahead.
weather.jpg

Getting the south side of the storm @Dashmellow is going to get here tonight. Winds 40MPH+ in the storm cells, possible tornadoes, but not as bad as they were calling for yesterday. In two weeks I've watched the trees outside go from nearly bare sticks to a full lush green canopy with all sorts of flowers blooming everywhere. Almost a frost Friday night and again tomorrow night. Pretty normal for here. Soon after that it gets hot again, so bad that the Devil goes looking for shade to stay cool in :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Getting the south side of the storm @Dashmellow is going to get here tonight. Winds 40MPH+ in the storm cells, possible tornadoes, but not as bad as they were calling for yesterday. In two weeks I've watched the trees outside go from nearly bare sticks to a full lush green canopy with all sorts of flowers blooming everywhere. Almost a frost Friday night and again tomorrow night. Pretty normal for here. Soon after that it gets hot again, so bad that the Devil goes looking for shade to stay cool in :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Yes, that's the same storm alright! Looks like it will be pretty bad down south. Thankfully, since my post about it earlier the predicted wind speeds are a bit lower than earlier but you just never know until it's over. Most of the weather reports are for the region but when you are on a mountain at a higher altitude weather events are often quite different. Even the daffodils bloom at my house about two weeks later than at the houses down at the bottom of the road if that's any indication.

The local PBS radio station provides weather and temperature predictions based on different altitudes and also which side of the major mountain range that runs up and down the middle of the state (especially wind speeds) and that is always quite helpful.

Half the US is currently under a wind advisory
wind_alert.jpg

And the advisory corresponds with a huge nasty weather front moving across the eastern part of the nation.
weather.jpg

Well, even though Spring officially began on March 19th it sure doesn't look like it today on April 18th. This is what I woke up to early this morning! It was snowing until almost noon and we got about six inches.
This has been a cold and stormy Spring so far. Every time we get some nice warmer weather it's like one step forward and two steps back!

To quote @Leonauto's initial post, "Miracles of nature - such a spring" :)

april_snow.jpg

aprilsnow2.jpg

aprilsnow3.jpg

Last edited:
Miracles of nature - such a spring :)

What's that Charlie Chaplin sign say at 5 seconds into the video?

This is why Russians have Vodka. When mother nature or the government gives you a beating, alcohol takes the sting away!

Well, even though Spring officially began on March 19th it sure doesn't look like it today on April 18th. This is what I woke up to early this morning! It was snowing until almost noon and we got about six inches.
This has been a cold and stormy Spring so far. Every time we get some nice warmer weather it's like one step forward and two steps back!

To quote @Leonauto's initial post, "Miracles of nature - such a spring" :)

View attachment 51293

View attachment 51294

View attachment 51295

Where's this at? I'll let this baby do the talking!

tenor.gif

It does look pretty and that's partly why I posted the images but we've all had more than enough winter for one season around here.
yeah it's picture postcard stuff, I'm sure it looks more desirable here as we never get snow, can appreciate that living with it might make for a different take on that though

yeah it's picture postcard stuff, I'm sure it looks more desirable here as we never get snow, can appreciate that living with it might make for a different take on that though

At least I won't have to plow the driveway or do any snow shoveling since it should melt pretty fast. It happens once in a while that we get late winter snow storms like I mentioned in my earlier post. I can't ever recall a snowstorm like this one as late as April 18th though. We did have a few light snow and frozen rain events during the week so it was as if it was working up to what happened today. We do usually get between 85 and 100 inches (or more) of snow each winter so it can be a lot to deal with. Sometimes, I even have to go out with my 32 foot snow rake and clear the snow off the roofs of my buildings, especially my old barn, because a couple of feet of heavy snow can cause serious damage. It can add up to thousands of pounds. Shoveling, plowing and roof raking along with the extreme cold and icy weather is why Spring is so welcome when it finally arrives.

Well at least it's beautiful to look at- take the wins wherever you can find them no matter how small they are ;) Nowhere near as bad as Easter tornadoes so call it a win and enjoy, for it won't be long before it's too darn hot all over again :LOL:

Phil

It is more snow than my part of Denmark have seen in the past 5 years in total.

Unfortunately here in the south of the U.K. we’re experiencing one of the hottest April’s in history. I say unfortunately because, if we had a spate of bad weather it might stop so many of the ‘Covidiots’ defying the government lockdown guidelines by picnicking and partying together outside like nothing’s happening! [emoji34][emoji34]

I had a flock of kids partying all evening on the school grounds opposite my apartment, but at least this time they did not play their soundboks that high
The worst parts was the cars coming and going with screeching tires and idiot driving, i assume it was the mobile drug pushers ( here in Denmark you can order drugs takeout just like you would a pizza )

Unfortunately here in the south of the U.K. we’re experiencing one of the hottest April’s in history. I say unfortunately because, if we had a spate of bad weather it might stop so many of the ‘Covidiots’ defying the government lockdown guidelines by picnicking and partying together outside like nothing’s happening! [emoji34][emoji34]

No such thing as Hot Weather in the UK! Rain, more rain, and lots more rain. Though it does show the forecast being abundantly sunny. So ya, that's not good because all the Covid-19 infected people are probably leaving their houses to enjoy the sun. A rarity there.

I had a flock of kids partying all evening on the school grounds opposite my apartment, but at least this time they did not play their soundboks that high
The worst parts was the cars coming and going with screeching tires and idiot driving, i assume it was the mobile drug pushers ( here in Denmark you can order drugs takeout just like you would a pizza )

Sounds like you needed to call Clint Eastwood!
1587308340521.png

No need to, i was once told by a woman i look like him.
This was one day in 2007 i was down on the harbor of Aarhus stunting my quad, i assume it was the look in my eyes while high on the exotic drugs your body release when you are on the edge.

But looking the part are not enough today i fear, and i cant have the arsenal of Clint

Back