SpyTec no longer carrying Koonlung K1S

dane1234

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Koonlung (Spy Tec) K1S
When I sent my malfunctioning Koonlung K1S control unit (DVR) back to Spy Tec, pursuant to their 1-year warranty, they explained that they no longer carry this dash cam. They indicated if I returned the other accessories, they would refund the purchase price, which they then promptly did. Still see the K1S available from other sellers, though.

I see that Koonlung now provides a cable securing part, for minimizing intermittent USB connections into the DVR. See the attached pictures. The Koonlung web page indicates that the cable holder can be purchased separately, as a retrofit to older K1S dash cams. Have sent them an e-mail requesting cost and protocol for obtaining.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_94a.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_94a.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 23
  • fullsizeoutput_94c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_94c.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 25
  • fullsizeoutput_94b.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_94b.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Welcome to DCT and I hope your post helps others experiencing those problems :)

Phil

I see that Koonlung now provides a cable securing part, for minimizing intermittent USB connections into the DVR.
I just saw this on their Facebook site. It's a quick fix to a problem it had since it's inception. Good info.

I have ordered one of these for my original K1S. Though it DOES work, it comes off quite easily. The reason for this is that on the newer model K1S, the cable clip is held in place by clipping into 2 groves on the sides of the case (see picture). The original K1S does not have these grooves. However, if you use a file / dremel to carefully cut the grooves in the right place (it's just where some ventilation holes are, so it should be ok - just be careful that when you file / dremel the groove, plastic filings don't go IN the ventilation holes), then the clip stays in place pretty well.

(Note this picture was taken of a NEWER model K1S, which comes with the cable holder, and the grooves in it already)

20171110_193731.jpg

If anyone have problems with K1S,can PM us ,we will FW to manufacturer for help directly :)

Anyway I can trade my K1S for the new K1S Mk2? It's only a month or two old.

Back