Stabilisers for rough conditions?

destr0y

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

What are some good stabilisers for use in 4x4/offroading scenarios? I want something that will give me (as much as possible) a stable picture in high-vibration (including the odd rough bump) conditions.
Not too concerned with cost, so if there's "pro" level options out there, I'd love to hear opinions on them.

Cheers,
B

it makes no sense. I remember the first video I made with a camcorder inside a 4x4 mounted solidly and you barely noticed any bumbs...it looked like butter smooth....only while seeing people inside shaking you'd realized there was a bumby road underneath.
Here another (old) video, camcorder again but outside

it makes no sense. I remember the first video I made with a camcorder inside a 4x4 mounted solidly and you barely noticed any bumbs...it looked like butter smooth....only while seeing people inside shaking you'd realized there was a bumby road underneath.
Here another (old) video, camcorder again but outside
Camcorders are made to do that these days. A dash cam is different; I want to see every last bump, especially if I am in an accident.

Yeah this may be the wrong forum for what I'm chasing. I'm chasing a physical stabiliser (beyond what the camera can offer) because I want to do some real-time software processing of the stream or a snapshot every second or so, and to do that, the image needs to be stable AF.

well, if a EIS is not enough for a dashcam like Gitup F1 (or action cam gopro hero 6, ), either get OIS (Sony FDR- X3000) or get a gimbal+ an action camera.

well, if a EIS is not enough for a dashcam like Gitup F1 (or action cam gopro hero 6, ), either get OIS (Sony FDR- X3000) or get a gimbal+ an action camera.

Thanks for that mate, I hadn't seen a wearable gimbal before now. Seen plenty of the sticks, and the big rig stabilisers, but nothing like the one you linked to. Will give one a bash.

You need a motorized gimbal. Look on B&H Photo or other photography stores and you'll find some units under $200

Back