Starbursts around lights at night

Bradley P.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered the SGZC12SS on the black friday special and got it hooked up tonight. Went for a quick drive and got really bad results. I get this streaking light effect on anything bright. Please see attached.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
that's not normal, assuming your windscreen is clean and nothing external to the camera is causing problems then best to contact @Pier28 they'll have you check a few things but if it turns out to be the camera they'll arrange to replace it for you at no cost

That's a strange one. I'll send a private message with an action plan. Check your inbox in the upper right shortly.

Chalk this one up to user error. I was very careful not to touch the lens when I put it in and thought it wasn't dirty. Turned out that it just needed a cleaning and things are a lot sharper now, too. Quick reply from Pier28, very impressed with the service level!

Chalk this one up to user error. I was very careful not to touch the lens when I put it in and thought it wasn't dirty. Turned out that it just needed a cleaning and things are a lot sharper now, too. Quick reply from Pier28, very impressed with the service level!

These things happen, no problem happy to help!
Enjoy the clean lens experience.

well I left my lens protector on the first street guardian cam and wondered why it wasn't any better than my blackspew.

well I left my lens protector on the first street guardian cam and wondered why it wasn't any better than my blackspew.

We stopped using the lens protector film because it left a residue that was not easy to clean. Some people didn't realize there was even a film to peel off as you did. The camera is already in a bag which is also then packed in foam. The lens film is redundant and more trouble than it's worth so we opted to leave them off for the latest batches.

Back