Started making compilations

DunnoItAll

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys, got a dash cam for Christmas and have been reading these forums since. I have started compiling clips together to share with others, so I thought I'd share with the people that have helped me out the most so far. Still learning, but having a lot of fun. I hope you enjoy, and I'd appreciate any suggestions.

My fist two videos:

Good compilations. Some where a bit hard to see being the pixilation on the camera made it seem out of focus. The ones you could see clearly where
very good. Some people believe " Bad driving" videos are like watching unboxing videos but I say it is the small mistakes that lead to the horrific
mistakes on the highway. Most accidents occur due to someone else poor driving. Keep up the good work.

Hey thanks for the comment. I agree, I've been a bit disappointed with the resolution on the Yi dashcam, but it was cheap. I will almost definitely upgrade at some point. I expect to have problems with it during the heat of the summer, and that's when I will probably replace it. Really appreciate you taking the time to watch and comment.

DunnoItAll , Thanks for sharing this compilation. My issue again is some are hard to see despite you giving the text to read explaining what to look for. Picture quality was good this compilation the issue was that some of the infractions happened basically on the cameras horizon ( i.e. too far away ) other infractions had traffic blocking the incident.

Hey DunnoItAll, always nice to see another fellow new comer to the dashcamming world ;)
Liked your vids although one thing I'd suggest is to trim down the clips a little more, most are edited down just fine but longer build up for small instances often leaves me looking in completely the wrong place. I like the indications you provide (the changing light was a cool idea!), and the arrows that direct the viewers attention to the action. Gave you a sub, keep it up man! :D

Cool, I really appreciate the sub and the advice! I take all advice seriously. I think I am still figuring out what works and what doesn't. Hopefully I will get better with each video. #5 will be out very soon.

Video #5 just released. I think it's my best one. Also my first near miss in this one. Dude almost hit me changing lanes at 70 mph on the interstate.

Perfect. You are right to use this as a model for your future vids. Saw everything clearly and could even guess what the infraction was going to be before it happened.

5 compilations in and only your first near miss? I'm sure I had 3 near misses in my first video within 2 weeks of having my dashcam :') I'm not sure how lenient the American driving test is but I was 99% certain I failed when I took mine but passed first time, the amount of idiots over here definitely reflects the high pass rate of the examiners!

Good compilation though, enjoyed it!

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by how tame most of the mistakes people make are around here. I mean it would be better for the videos if I was constantly having to employ evasive maneuvering while bludgeoning my horn button, but I like living better. Most mistakes are just ignorance or impatience fueled.

Video #6 is finally here. I actually captured an accident in this one.

If we're picking nits, you had a personal mistake at 1:30 too. Obviously not a big deal since there was no traffic there, and nowhere near as bad as the Jeep you pointed out later, but still...

If you mean that I cut that corner, then I don't really classify it as a mistake. The road is pretty severely damaged right there and cutting across there is the only real way to avoid it. I have to go through that intersection every day and if I drove across that awful spot I would probably have problems with my suspension by now.

Below is the google street view for that intersection. The spot right at the stop line is horrendous. There's more damage just to the right of the trailing white pickup. The whole intersection is a disaster. They recently redid the whole thing and didn't fix the damaged spots. They just left them there. It's pretty infuriating.

32073052_10156280997860539_8837399694083620864_n.jpg

If you mean something else, I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Back