Starting the 522gw

Sorry for taking this long, but finally had a chance to give it a thorough testing over as many situations as possible , It's been in two different cars, it's been alongside the 512 GW most of that time . It seems it didn't like the memory card from the 512 GW in it, since I was sent a Nextbase SD card to try in it , it has behaved itself nicely , it's been reformatted several times , it's been left on , on purpose , if being driven in my newer car on a constant live ??? cigarette/power socket , I'm not sure they stay constant live as the car has a habbit of shutting things down after a while when you lock it up and leave it as a proper battery saver feature . But when left plugged in , when I come back to the car I hear it start up and start recording again, I'm not sure If I read correctly the dashcam senses when the car stop and turns itself off or not. But now I'm happy that it's working correctly for my circumstances , so now the hardwire kit will go in so it wil be powered as it should be.

I also tested it with a Sandisk Endurance card , they are supposed to be only a 40mb read speed , the 522 GW is supposed to require a minimum of 48mb read speed to function correctly. All the cards I used were tested with H2testw so I could accurately test the proper speed of the cards , The original samsung still did 60mb write , the provided Nextbase also did 60mb write speed , the Sandisk Endurance with it's quoted speed of 40mb was actually the fastest card doind 63mb read speed , all tested exactly the same way on the same day. I did fit the Sandisk Endurance for a couple of Days before the offical nextbase card turned up, it also performed flawlessly for those two days , whether it would have failed, I don't know , the amsung card that did fail might have been in there 5 mins before it failed , it might have been in there 3 days , I couldn't predict when that card/dashcam partnership would suddenly fail.

So all I can thruthfully review about the product is as many others say , a bit fussy as to which SD cards it will work with, I realise the samsung card has been used for a fair while in my other dash cam, other people have reported that those same cards have worked fine in their 522's. Mi ne didn't , but I have put that same Samsung back into the 512GW and it hasn't missed a beat again, so add my vote to the 522gw being a fuusy unit as well .

Many thanks to Millie for sorting me out with a Nextbase card , it certainly solved the problem for me before the window for sending it back had passed . Who knows if it would have played up if I had the rear camera connected as well, as a few others have also reported as well, I just won't know . But I had to come back and give my findings , so many threads start off like this , but nobody ever bothers to come on and say if the solution was found or not (y)(y)

Back