Static-like distortion on dashcam ....... in car only

Hi,
OK, I'll find a site to park it. (The .mp3 file I have is only 157kbs; but I can convert it to any audio format.)
Thanks again,
.... john
P.S. Try this http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g1f4087b6cb18da441000527261b7710079889cb111

Something to consider when you would like help is make sure the service that is used starts with https:// 'The s is considered a secure site and has less chance of being hacked or have malicious files on it.
Of course we are also expecting you to be legitimate with the problem.
If you are interested here is some reading. https://www.cloudflare.com/en-gb/learning/ssl/why-use-https/

Regardless,
I have listened to your recording over and over and I can't tell you what it is.
It sounds to me like something is hitting a spinning fan.

Perhaps others might like to chip in.

The file will not play on my computer.
I clicked the link, and nothing happens.
Please upload the full VIDEO to YouTube.
If you are worried about privacy set the privacy setting to UNLISTED.
Only people with the link will be able to see the video.
It will not be publicly viewable on YouTube.
Afterwords you can deleted the video.
-Chuck

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-22 6.57.14 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-22 6.57.14 PM.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi LateralMW,
So, just to be clear; you're saying that the site (File Convoy) that I parked the audio file on is considered 'not secure';
and that the tip off is that it's address doesn't start with https?
.... john

Hi Panzer,
I've never tried uploading a file to Youtube; but I'll give it a whirl.
..... john

Hi LateralMW,
So, just to be clear; you're saying that the site (File Convoy) that I parked the audio file on is considered 'not secure';
and that the tip off is that it's address doesn't start with https?
.... john

Yeah basically.
There is more to it but best if https is used.
If you want to get my attention it helps ping me eg @LateralNW When you type the first couple of letters the website will prompt you with names it knows eg @la will show =
then just select the person you what to get attention from. Realise they may not always reply, their choice.

1700872365671.png

Youtube is another option.

Yeah basically.
There is more to it but best if https is used.
If you want to get my attention it helps ping me eg @LateralNW When you type the first couple of letters the website will prompt you with names it knows eg @la will show =
then just select the person you what to get attention from. Realise they may not always reply, their choice.

View attachment 69350

Youtube is another option.
OK ........ thanks.
.... john
The file will not play on my computer.
I clicked the link, and nothing happens.
Please upload the full VIDEO to YouTube.
If you are worried about privacy set the privacy setting to UNLISTED.
Only people with the link will be able to see the video.
It will not be publicly viewable on YouTube.
Afterwords you can deleted the video.
-Chuck
Here is the link to the crackle video, I hope. I thought I had posted it last night, but I don't see it.
I hope this works.
https://studio.youtube.com/video/FkfgHnu2oVA/edit
..... john

Last edited:
Here is the link to the crackle video
Sounds like a vibration.
I can tell by when you had your car in drive with your foot on the brake pedal.
Does you dash cam use a suction cup mount?
Here is the correct link to your video;

Screenshot 2023-11-25 8.10.04 AM.png

Suction cup dash cams are great for temporary applications like rentals cars.
No so much for other applications.

I'm a bit surprised that it's not been mentioned yet. The noise sounds more like a physical rattle than any kind of electronic interference. It's very similar to what many used to report years ago and was caused by either one of the buttons, microphone, or speaker being loose and rattling causing the sound. Worth checking into by gently shaking the camera next to your ear and listen for any noise. If there it will be much quieter than what's in the recorded audio.

The noise sounds more like a physical rattle than any kind of electronic interference.
That's "exactly" what I said. lol
You can tell when he lets his foot off the brake pedal the vibration goes away temporarily, and returns with road vibrations.

Suction cup dash cams are great for temporary applications like rentals cars.
No so much for other applications.

Wow, that's noisy as hell, but it does bear some resemblence to what I'm getting, albeit much more intense.
No, it's not suction cup mounted. It's mounted to a disk, stuck to the windscreen, via a swivel joint.
So, any slight vibration could account for the sound I'm getting?
Why are these things so sensitive to vibration.
My cell phone, that I attach to the dash speaker grill, on a frame using earth magnets, never sounds distorted.
I'm thinking this thing is just a crappy dashcam?
.... john

I'm a bit surprised that it's not been mentioned yet. The noise sounds more like a physical rattle than any kind of electronic interference. It's very similar to what many used to report years ago and was caused by either one of the buttons, microphone, or speaker being loose and rattling causing the sound. Worth checking into by gently shaking the camera next to your ear and listen for any noise. If there it will be much quieter than what's in the recorded audio.
To me, it sounds very similar to the top Amazon review for the dashcam, apparently this is normal audio quality for this dashcam brand, unless you have the "anti-jamming magnetic ring car charger", hopefully this link works:

Given the video quality, I'm not sure we should expect much better on the audio?

To me, it sounds very similar to the top Amazon review for the dashcam, apparently this is normal audio quality for this dashcam brand, unless you have the "anti-jamming magnetic ring car charger", hopefully this link works:

Given the video quality, I'm not sure we should expect much better on the audio?
Well, that's interesting. I wasn't able to find anything on the dashcam I have. Frankly I find the video quality quite good, which is why I stuck with it; maybe I have low expectation. Sounds like the Amazon customer had sound quality issues also, although not quite the same. Aside from the sound issue, the only other gripe I have about the cam is the one I posted here a while ago, re the video recording stopping around 23 minutes, even though the system ran for about another 30+; but I solved that problem by using 5 minute repeat sessions. Frankly, I thought that the comment, "Their answer was the problem is "due to a magnetic field disturbance between the dash camera and the audio equipment in your car, which caused a lot of current noise ... " pretty much spot on; since road bumps weren't the only cause of the distortion, as overhead wires, and traffic lights often set it off, even on smooth pavement.
Well, I guess that's it. Thank you all very, very much for your help; I appreciate all the advice you've given me. I guess I'll stick with my phone, which is pretty good, for the time being.
.... john

Frankly, I thought that the comment, "Their answer was the problem is "due to a magnetic field disturbance between the dash camera and the audio equipment in your car, which caused a lot of current noise ... " pretty much spot on; since road bumps weren't the only cause of the distortion, as overhead wires, and traffic lights often set it off, even on smooth pavement.
That may be what is triggering the poor audio, but decent dashcams do not have these issues, and their manufacturers do not suggest that it is your fault for not buying the anti-jamming magnetic car charger so that you can drive under a powerline without problems. This is just the result of very poorly designed electronics. There were some very positive Amazon reviews for that camera, the example footage I watched seemed to mainly hide the audio quality by replacing it with music, but the video quality was still very poor.

As you say, different people have different expectations, and unless you have experience of a good dashcam then you really don't know what you should be able to expect.

That may be what is triggering the poor audio, but decent dashcams do not have these issues, and their manufacturers do not suggest that it is your fault for not buying the anti-jamming magnetic car charger so that you can drive under a powerline without problems. This is just the result of very poorly designed electronics. There were some very positive Amazon reviews for that camera, the example footage I watched seemed to mainly hide the audio quality by replacing it with music, but the video quality was still very poor.

As you say, different people have different expectations, and unless you have experience of a good dashcam then you really don't know what you should be able to expect.
Yes, you're right of course, I have never had a 'good' dashcam; but I doubt that the one in Amazon's review is the same model as mine, not that that makes any difference, its still and Eivotor. (see picture). Mine is miniscule (5cms x 5cms), and I have never been able to find it online. It does, however, have a car charger with a small box in the line between the cigarette lighter plug and the USB connector (which is one of the old type B, a certain clue as to how old it is). That maybe the anti-jamming charger they refer to, which does nothing to reduce the noise.
In any event, thanks again for your help.
..... john

Attachments

• dashcam 20231127_095358_hf.jpg
    dashcam 20231127_095358_hf.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 3
Here's some raw footage from the A119 Mini 2.
Can you see the difference from your dash cam?
Honestly, I cannot see much difference, other than the fact that your video shows less distortion at the edges. The Eivotor is not usually as blurry as the video I posted.
What differences did you see?
..... john

Back