Station Mode Questions / Firmware Request

HonestReview

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
On the A129 Duo:

1. Does Station Mode Reduce Bitrate like enabling Wifi, or does it have no effect on quality?

2. Does Station Mode generate more heat and result in reliability issues?

3. On the Example above about "Live Viewing", what port would need forwarded if camera was behind a router on a home network? Or would you have to enable DMZ for the camera?

4. On the VLC EXAMPLE IT states: rtsp://(IP on camera screen)/xxx.mov when it says xxx.mov, do you leave that setting to allow for live view? Or is xxx.move and example file name?

5. I want to try out 2.1 Firmware, but then flash back to 1.5 if I don't like it. What are comments / opinions on the stability of 2.1 for Low Bitrate Parking Mode and Reliability?

Does anyone have a backup of version 1.5 for the A129 Duo?

It appears no one responded here. I am also looking for a dashcam that can do RTSP. I run Blueiris in our motor home and currently use RTSP to record from 4 wyzecam v2 suction cupped to windows in the coach. They are ok, but their RTSP implementation isn't very good, signal drops often, and its a known issue that Wyze doesn't care about as they prefer you buy a subscription to their cloud service. As I am using a cellular internet connection, that's not a great option. Local recording is better for the wallet. Is there a forum that would have more information on use RTSP with this camera, specifically does it work well?

BUMP BUMP... -Bill

Back