Status info in the video

Kobra

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Dash Cam
QVIA AR790 2CH
After using QVIA AR790 2CH (currently with the firmware ver. 3.2.3) for a while, besides the problem of GPS fixing I posted earlier, I am wondering a couple of things as follow:
1. No status info shown in real time video:
For the real time video viewed via QVIA app on smartphone, I could not see status info at the bottom of the screen. Is it designed to be so?

2. Meaning of some portions in the status info:
The status info appearing at the bottom of recorded footage on the right most sometimes shows either W3W3 or V3V3. I could not find the info in the manual. What do they mean?

Could anyone help answering the above questions or sharing your ideas?
Thanks very much in advance.

After using QVIA AR790 2CH (currently with the firmware ver. 3.2.3) for a while, besides the problem of GPS fixing I posted earlier, I am wondering a couple of things as follow:
1. No status info shown in real time video:
For the real time video viewed via QVIA app on smartphone, I could not see status info at the bottom of the screen. Is it designed to be so?

2. Meaning of some portions in the status info:
The status info appearing at the bottom of recorded footage on the right most sometimes shows either W3W3 or V3V3. I could not find the info in the manual. What do they mean?

Could anyone help answering the above questions or sharing your ideas?
Thanks very much in advance.
Finally, I could find out the answers for those two questions and would like to share with you guys.
1. No OSD(On Screen Display) in live view:
This is a safety reason to avoid drivers to view the OSD during driving. (Please note that this is based on a response from QVIA support.)
2. Meaning of V3V3 and W3W3 in OSD of a footage:
(Please note that this is based on my assumption and observation.)
V3V3 seems to appear when footage is being recorded in general. W3W3 seems to be appear when drivers connect to the dashcam via wifi and watch a live view.

Thank you for that, it was something I noticed when I upgraded the firmware, but having changed from a Blackvue I think most of info on screen is not particularly useful. An OBD unit and for European cars for this camera would be good.

Back