Stay away from 70mai products

shimi

Reaction score
Country
United States
August of 2020 I purchased A800 dash-cam, it was delivered September of 2020, within a year the camera has started shutting down every 10 minutes, the only way to turn on the camera is to disconnect from the charger and reconnect, have contacted 70mail support but no reply.

Stay away from 70mai company and their products, their support is none existence and it seems they discontinue and abandon products in less than a year or two.

Few months after A800 was released A800s was released, they update this camera but not A800, if they have discontinued A800 at least they should provide replace A800s or updated firmware for at least 2 to 3 years, money doesn't grow on trees can't keep buying and replacing dashcam.

Does it do the same if you power it using a usb power block/brick in the house? That’s the first test I would do to eliminate a problem with the wiring in the car.

If it is every 10 minutes i dont think it is a power related issue, but yeah connecting it to a beefy wall phone charger is a easy test to see if that work ( i use wall chargers when i work on dashcams on my computer table )
Next up i would focus on the memory card, these can also cough up random reboots, i saw that recently putting a Adata endurance card in a viofo T130 camera, that prompted the camera to reboot every now and then, putting in a more agreeable memory card immediately fixed that problem.
The Adata card work just fine in my osmo action camera where it get hit much harder recording 4K&60 @ 100 mbit

But yeah the 70mai cameras, not a brand i consider getting.

Thank you for the replies, I don't think is power or memory card issue, unless the memory card is not compatible with 70mai, reason I had a DDPai M6 Plus which I replaced with this 70mai A800, so I reconnected my DDPai M6 Plus no power issue and I used the same Samsung EVO Select 128GB microSDXC UHS-I U3, it has been a week and no issue, the only reason I bought A800 was for 4K, guess I am back to 1080p, hope 70mai will provide firmware otherwise another waste of money.

Some of the 70mai cams seem to be pretty good, especially for the price. But as you've found, factory support almost doesn't exist, so whatever help you get will be peer support or warranty returns to the seller who may or may not be as good as the factory on this. The cheaper 4K cams all fall a bit short of what the good 4K cams do. I've got some 1440p cams which I think do better than a lot of the 4K cams on the market today. There's a lot involved with that but basically you don't get what you don't pay for. Best advice is to not put much consideration into listed specs, but to study the videos other people post and see if they are good enough for you. Very good vids can be had without 4K in the right cams ;)

Phil

Probably the Li-Ion gave up the ghost and will draw too much power to try charge it up, causing the power supply to cut off. You can try to replace the battery, there are kits available in this part of the world. However rather than waste my time every year with this battery replacement nonsense, I decided to sell them off cheaply and replace them with supercapacitor products.

But yes, that's reason enough to totally abandon the brand.

I tested the A800s and it truly sucks. Not a good 4K as most decent 2k cams do much better with picture quality. Camera had some potential due to it's price but the worst part is the way the implementation of settings and as the OP mentioned, the lack of support.
Also, the app is very invasive when it comes to permissions.

Reactions: Mtz
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V A800 / MiDrive D09 3
Back