Stay away from the A139 and Viofo!

Maybe in the States but definitely not in Europe, at least not with my case or people I know and also experiencing the same problems...
Cant confirm this. Friend of mine had a problem with his Viofo dashcam. They got him a replacement very quickly without a problem.

Cant confirm this. Friend of mine had a problem with his Viofo dashcam. They got him a replacement very quickly without a problem.
I got a replacement too. The replacement was worse than the one i sent back. In fact the replacement looks used too. I paid my own return shipping for both because Viofo couldn't find any problems even though they sent a different one back.
Viofo is a joke.

Do you not comprehend? You are 1 in a thousand.

You're making a fool of yourself.
I don't know how you come up with your statistics, although I'm sure they're reliable. /s. As someone said, for every person who posts her about a problem with their Viofo dashcam or about their disappointment with Viofo's customer service, there are probably hundreds more out there who don't even know about posting their concerns here, and therefore do not post here.

Unlike those who are lucky enough to receive "free dashcams from Viofo", I had to pay out-of-pocket for my Viofo equipment... even for a faulty rear cable which is a very common problem with Viofo dashcams.

My comments about Viofo is based on my real life experiences in dealing with them. I finally gave up on "using a bargain dashcam" and went with Blackvue. Blackvue has excellent customer support (hundreds of hours of phone support per week), not to mention many other useful functions that Viofo doesn't provide.

As I've said many times, if someone doesn't mind putting up with problems as though their dashcam was continuously in "beta mode" and dealing with a Company that has lackluster customer service, Viofo could be a good choice for them. They are definitely cheaper than Companies that care enough to provide good customer support... ie, Thinkware, Guardian and Blackvue.

It really would be nice if Viofo plowed back some of their revenue into decent customer support. But I suppose if they can get away with what they presently call "customer support", they will. After all, that means more profit for Viofo!

Buying a Samsung card from Amazon is no guarantee its not counterfeit unless you know what to look for. I buy direct from Samsung website.

What to look is that it needs to say, "Ships from Amazon" and "Sold by Amazon". If it says that you can be assured that the memory card you are purchasing is genuine.

If it says, "Fulfilled by Amazon" you have no guarantee what you will get, so avoid those.

sold_by.jpg

If you happen to be in the UK or Europe it should say "Dispatches from Amazon" and "Sold by Amazon".

sold_by.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know how you come up with your statistics, although I'm sure they're reliable. /s. As someone said, for every person who posts her about a problem with their Viofo dashcam or about their disappointment with Viofo's customer service, there are probably hundreds more out there who don't even know about posting their concerns here, and therefore do not post here.

Unlike those who are lucky enough to receive "free dashcams from Viofo", I had to pay out-of-pocket for my Viofo equipment... even for a faulty rear cable which is a very common problem with Viofo dashcams.

My comments about Viofo is based on my real life experiences in dealing with them. I finally gave up on "using a bargain dashcam" and went with Blackvue. Blackvue has excellent customer support (hundreds of hours of phone support per week), not to mention many other useful functions that Viofo doesn't provide.

As I've said many times, if someone doesn't mind putting up with problems as though their dashcam was continuously in "beta mode" and dealing with a Company that has lackluster customer service, Viofo could be a good choice for them. They are definitely cheaper than Companies that care enough to provide good customer support... ie, Thinkware, Guardian and Blackvue.

It really would be nice if Viofo plowed back some of their revenue into decent customer support. But I suppose if they can get away with what they presently call "customer support", they will. After all, that means more profit for Viofo!
Those statistics come out of sucking up to Viofo for free stuff. I wonder if Viofo will offer us free stuff :unsure:
I suspect there are many people out there using Viofo that have no idea their dashcams are not working properly. Thats the real kicker. These people shilling for free stuff from Viofo are contributing to the problem.

So what exactly were the issues?
Everything. Change every setting and test. It happened with 2 different units and different SD cards.
Im sure if you just use it out of the box it works I doubt many people would have reason to change most settings.
Like I said I wouldn't trust it if it got into an accident.

I suspect there are many people out there using Viofo that have no idea their dashcams are not working properly. Thats the real kicker.

But their dashcams are working properly, and yours was too when you got it out of the box! It was only after you "Change every setting" that you found a problem. I'm sure that if I changed every setting on this computer, then I would never get it to work ever again :ROFLMAO:

Sadly we see a very small number :

"I've got a problem so you've all got a problem"

My Viofo has been working with zero problems for 4 years now and my previous Viofo model 2 years before that. I'm not a beta tester or have any connection to them, I paid for my 3 Viofo dashcams.

Sadly we see a very small number :

"I've got a problem so you've all got a problem"

My Viofo has been working with zero problems for 4 years now and my previous Viofo model 2 years before that. I'm not a beta tester or have any connection to them, I paid for my 3 Viofo dashcams.
Consider yourself lucky! There are many people, myself included, who have had to suffer the hardship of dealing with a company that uses it's purchasers as guinea pigs. - Eventually, Viofo might get it right and fix all the problems... you just have to be real patient.

My caveat to purchasers of new Viofo products is to be ready for a rough-ride. It can take months or years (hw3 kit) to resolve issues which should have been resolved before their products went to market.

Luckily for Viofo, there are a number of people here telling you that you're crazy or that you're one-in-a-million when you post about your bad Viofo experience. You surely wouldn't expect that, but it happens often enough.

I've previously owned a Viofo A119 V2. It worked well and was very reliable.

I currently own two A119 V3s. They have been functioning flawlessly for two and a half years now. In fact, as someone who has owned and/or tested dozens of dash cams going back 12 years the A119 V3s are probably the most consistently reliable and best performing cameras I have had experience with. They are also among the most attractively priced.

Hi faroutxxx

I'm not doubting the issues you are having ... just popping by to mention that you are bagging and telling members to avoid which I believe is the forums favourite son, which is VIOFO.
I have 2 myself ...different models A119S and A119Pro and haven't had any problems for over 3 years ... not saying there aren't those who have problems, only there are many like myself who have been very happy with the brand and will defend VIOFO against folks who come into the forum where the criticism is considered unfair and too harsh. Hope you get it sorted, as this is a fantastic forum to get assistance.

Any brand can make a dud camera, even a dud batch of cameras in this kind of product, this dont have to be something like you will see of recall of X brand car / model due to something insane wrong.
The question then is what kind of service and warranty do you have from the brand, but again here all kinds of things can happen, and this could just as well be the very most exclusive brands VS something more normal.

I have received a few viofo cameras now, and i have not had any major issues with them so far, but i can assure you if i found something wrong / not right with the cameras i would tell Viofo, and i would tell people too.
If Viofo asked me to keep quiet of something with production cameras,,,,, well i would have to say NO to keeping quiet and NO if they wanted to send me something for free / or almost free as there is NOTHING free in Denmark

But also here i dont get around to all things, for instance using / testing parking guard for longer duration's, well i dont do that on my own accord, i test the 1 hour i use myself and i will also test longer duration's like 2 -5 - 8 hours, maybe even 12 hours, but after that i also think i am at the end of my little car battery ability.
I also dont mess with the EV settings in dashcams as i dont use those, so i might call a dashcam good but changing EV values do nothing for people who try that,,,,, and that would of course be a fault, and i would be handing out less than complete recommendations.

I've previously owned a Viofo A119 V2. It worked well and was very reliable.

I currently own two A119 V3s. They have been functioning flawlessly for two and a half years now. In fact, as someone who has owned and/or tested dozens of dash cams going back 12 years the A119 V3s are probably the most consistently reliable and best performing cameras I have had experience with. They are also among the most attractively pripriced.
You copying me :D

I've also got a V2 that I charge every 6 months just as a spare and I recently bought another V3 to save having to rewire if my almost 4 year old one breaks.

Hi faroutxxx

I'm not doubting the issues you are having ... just popping by to mention that you are bagging and telling members to avoid which I believe is the forums favourite son, which is VIOFO.
I have 2 myself ...different models A119S and A119Pro and haven't had any problems for over 3 years ... not saying there aren't those who have problems, only there are many like myself who have been very happy with the brand and will defend VIOFO against folks who come into the forum where the criticism is considered unfair and too harsh. Hope you get it sorted, as this is a fantastic forum to get assistance.
I think what you will find if you do a little digging of their posting history is that it is rubbish.
Very heavy on "general" statements and very light on specifics (which I addressed in the link below).

He says that he received "used" A139 dashcams. Several people here asked him where he ordered his dash cam from?...There was no response.

He stated that "I was persuaded by people on the forums to stick with the camera I bought and even requested another one at my own expense."
I asked him who on the forum asked him to do that and to produce the link to such a post...There was no response.
I asked him "Why would you buy a second camera at your own expense when your first camera issue is not resolved?"...Again, there was no response. I guess that common sense is not so common apparently.

Someone here asked him "So what exactly were the issues?"
And he gave an overly broad statement "Everything. Change every setting and test."
Someone else here followed up and asked him "what specific settings did you change, and to what?"...Again, there was no response.

So you can already see how this is going and it is no wonder that he would have problems with Viofo support.
If you can't deal with the people here that speak english on this forum and are very experienced that are trying to help you troubleshoot, there's no way in hell that you will be successful with Viofo support (or any support from any other company as a matter of fact!)
If you call BlackVue to say "I changed every setting and test", they will ask you "what settings did you change specifically and in what order did you change them? And what/how did you test?" and you blank out and don't say anything...Then guess what, BlackVue(or any other company) support won't be able to help you in that case either!

They have nothing to stand on which is why they start throwing the "free cameras", and "beta tester" accusations around to attack the integrity of other valuable posters.
They wait for a random poster to say, "I have problems with my Viofo XXX" and then they pounce on it like a kitten and say "Me too!". They never return to their own original issue for a resolution.

Viofo probably sells more dashcam than every other manufacturer listed on this website (probably combined even?). It certainly wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. I would therefore expect more people to report problems if one were to compare on a numerical basis alone.
Is there any evidence that Viofo dashcams have more problems than other manufacturers on a "percentage" basis and that is of statistical significance? I have yet to see anyone present that argument or prove it.

Like I mentioned earlier...I only use Street Guardian SG9667D2K. Only dashcam that I've ever owned.
I'm from the outside looking in, and I have not yet seen any valid reason for me not consider Viofo for future dashcam products despite the alarmist nature of this thread.

Mine works fine. What problem did you have? I looked at 3 pages and couldn't find any specific from you.

Mine works fine. What problem did you have? I looked at 3 pages and couldn't find any specific from you.
That's what everyone here is still trying to figure out.

Many have already asked him that, along with several other questions. He's busy spending his time bashing Viofo and attacking the integrity of other valuable posters claiming that because they get free cameras or are beta-testers, they therefore have a conflict of interest in defending Viofo...rather than him answering the specific questions about his own unit that he is complaining about.

Back