Sticking the cable!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks. Just bought an E-Prance cam and ready to install. Going to put it behind the rear view mirror but will need to run the power cable along the top and then down the side of the windshield. What do you use to hold it in place? Double sided tape?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi folks. Just bought an E-Prance cam and ready to install. Going to put it behind the rear view mirror but will need to run the power cable along the top and then down the side of the windshield. What do you use to hold it in place? Double sided tape?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Most people just tuck it above the headliner, behind the A-pillar cover, underneath weather stripping, etc. to get it to where they want it. There are a few examples posted in various forums. I just did a quick look but couldn't find one. A more comprehensive search will turn them up for sure.

I used the supplied sticky back clips originally but with my latest dashcam have opted to hide the cables ( power and rear camera cable ) under the roof lining and seals running by the doors etc The overall result is much neater .....Ipol

@DT MI you beat me to it by a fraction of a second .....Ipol:D

ThANks guys! I'd be very reluctant to do anything with the lining in my new Vitara, I'd probably make a mess of it and would be devastated! I'll have a look but have no idea how it's attached to the roof etc. I'll go and have a closer look.........

ThANks guys! I'd be very reluctant to do anything with the lining in my new Vitara, I'd probably make a mess of it and would be devastated! I'll have a look but have no idea how it's attached to the roof etc. I'll go and have a closer look.........
There's a good chance you'll have a gap (or some flex) at the edge of the headliner where you can just tuck the cable in - no need to remove it.

Thanks for the suggestions which made me look a bit closer at things. As said, the head lining was sufficiently flexible to allow the cable to be pushed up into it. Then there is a convenient, quite wide rubber strip down the inside of the door into which the cable could be pushed. Under the dash and up into the centre console where the socket is, job done!

Good morning gentlemen. So, having got it safely installed, what "settings" do you use/recommend? I have read somewhere to leave the "motion detection" OFF as it creates dozens of small files, one every time the car moves.
"G" sensor?
"Loop recording"?
"Auto power off"?
Etc Etc...........

which camera do you have, E-Prance is a vendor not a camera model, if you have a link to the model you bought I'm sure you'll get the right suggestions for your settings, they're generally ok out of the box for the most part but ocassionally you may need to adjust something

ok, loop on, choose whatever size suits your needs, turn G-Sensor off, in some versions of this model the G-Sensor causes problems so better just to shut it off, everything else pretty much as it comes and you should be good to go

Thanks for that jokiin. OK, loop on 5 min which is the. "G" force off. Just did a run to the tip and back. Recorded 3 X 3min segments going there but then started to record on the way back but then just stopped? Should have been about 15 minutes all together. I'll check after the next trip and get back here and post the results.
Just a thought, surely, if I turn the "loop recording" off, every time I start the engine it will start recording and then keep recording until I turn the engine off again? Not sure what happens when the 32Gb card is full mind?

Last edited:
... but then started to record on the way back but then just stopped? Should have been about 15 minutes all together. I'll check after the next trip and get back here and post the results.
Just a thought, surely, if I turn the "loop recording" off, every time I start the engine it will start recording and then keep recording until I turn the engine off again? Not sure what happens when the 32Gb card is full mind?

You should probably turn motion detection off as well. Doesn't work very well and can cause camera to stop recording. There are other threads about this so I won't repeat it all again.

If you have loop recording on when the card gets full the camera will start over-writing the oldest files. If loop recording is off once the card is full no recording will take place. 'Saved' files will not be over-written unless you manually do so.

Edit: I should also mention that if loop recording is turned off only a single, continuous file will be written. Maximum file size is 4GB so once that limit is reached recording will stop.

Last edited:
OK, sorted! As with most computers, the first thing to do when it doesn't work as expected is to do a hard reset, so I did. I hit the "default", and all is working just fine. Did a run to Weston this morning, about 16 mile round trip, and it recorded 12 X 5 minute videos!
The manual did say that if you did this it would revert to Russian but it didn't? Oh well, can't have everything.

...The manual did say that if you did this it would revert to Russian but it didn't? Oh well, can't have everything.
You wanted Russian menus? :eek::D

Good that everything is working now. ThumbsUp.jpg

Noooo! The "manual", being polite, says: Default Setting - By choosing to return to Default Settings, the menus will automatically convert to Russian. Be prepared to change your language settings before setting back to default.

Back