Still having problems with two mobius cameras.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK so i have had 2 mobius cameras now for a few weeks from @JooVuu , and a 3rd mobius from over a year ago.

the 3rd older mobius works fine.

but the two new mobius cameras keep deciding to turn themselves off. I thought this was due to the cables, so i purchased new cables and the problem still persists.

so what happens is, the camera is wired up, i put the key in the car and it starts recording, and a couple of seconds i turn the key and the camera sometimes turns off.

This doesnt always happen but its still happening and making the two cameras really unreliable.

i am using the most up to date firmware, i have reinstalled and reformatted the memory card using the firmware several times.

the settings are the same as the original mobius that works fine so this cannot be the issue.

has anyone got any ideas?

... the camera is wired up, i put the key in the car and it starts recording, and a couple of seconds i turn the key and the camera sometimes turns off.

Are the cameras switching off when the car starter motor turns over?

Hi, yeah its turning off when the engine starts up, but if i unplug it and plug the wire back in it works @russ331

Try plugging camera in after car have started. If camera runs OK it'll be car start is drawing too much power.

... the camera is wired up, i put the key in the car and it starts recording, and a couple of seconds i turn the key and the camera sometimes turns off.

Are all 3 cams hardwired or powered from accessory socket(s)? If powered from two accessory sockets, could the accessory socket adapter used with the 2 new cams be suspect?

Try plugging camera in after car have started. If camera runs OK it'll be car start is drawing too much power.

Hi, yeah it works perfectly fine after the car has started if I plug it in afterwards. Is there something I can do to stop it drawing all the power?

Are all 3 cams hardwired or powered from accessory socket(s)? If powered from two accessory sockets, could the accessory socket adapter used with the 2 new cams be suspect?

Yeah they are powered by the adaptor I will try a different adaptor and see how it goes.

I used to have the same problem with both cameras turning off as I started the car, but now I just turn the ignition on, wait about 10 seconds for the Mobius to go through the start up sequence and then I start the car and both my Mobius work as they should.

I think if you don't allow the camera to go through the start up sequence, when there is a drop in voltage ( as the car turns over ) then the camera just turns off.

Andy...

@Insignia_elite ... Did you solve your problem?

I had the same problem (with both front and rear mobius on Subaru Forester 2014) since firmware 2.37 was released, and with version 2.41 the problem still remains. So, I had to downgrade to version 2.33.

I would have to give @XtrailAndy solution a try, maybe that will fix the issue, but not now, I'm quite comfortable using 2.33.

Edit 1: My 2 (B lens) cameras are hardwired to fuse box.

Last edited:
Back