Still looking for easy install DASH CAM after 2 yrs

I listen to to the video and it says it runs on Rechargeble battery and full battery can record 16 hrs.....
You are hearing what you want to hear and what the advertiser wants you to hear.

Yes, it has a rechargeable battery. (This battery is used to save the last video file when power is removed.)

Yes, it can record for up to 14 hours - but this is determined by the size of the memory card.

Their web site says both of these things as well but it does not say it can record for 14 (or 16) hours on battery power.

In addition the video quality is terrible:

Too bad you are not over here, i would have any dashcam installed in that Yota anyway you want, and it shouldent cost you more than a fizzy drink.

I recommend you have a look on youtube and watch some of the how to install a dashcam videos you will find there, it is no big deal installing one at least not if you just use the normal cigarette plug adapter, so you just need to route the wire up to the mirror and most times that's a no brainer often you might even to be able to do so with no tools used.

I listen to to the video and it says it runs on Rechargeble battery and full battery can record 16 hrs..

listen again, it doesn't say anything like that

I will call to make sure and ask them if this truly is a wireless car dash cam that records on battery.

I would expect the odds of getting someone on the phone that knows the correct answer would be very very slim in this type of business

Too bad you are not over here, i would have any dashcam installed in that Yota anyway you want, and it shouldent cost you more than a fizzy drink.

I recommend you have a look on youtube and watch some of the how to install a dashcam videos you will find there, it is no big deal installing one at least not if you just use the normal cigarette plug adapter, so you just need to route the wire up to the mirror and most times that's a no brainer often you might even to be able to do so with no tools used.
Well, it shows people driving around with that dash cam installed over the windshield mirror and NO wires or charging cords right? I saw the same AD on TV and demo shows people pushing the power button ON on the dash cam that is on the mirror and NO cords, wires dangling or hidden or tucked! I think it's the same one
Maybe they are doing this to fool people in to believing this is a wireless dash cam that runs on battery?

Last edited:
Well, it shows people driving around with that dash cam installed over the windshield mirror and NO wires or charging cords right? I saw the same AD on TV and demo shows people pushing the power button ON on the dash cam that is on the mirror and NO cords, wires dangling or hidden or tucked!...
Yes, the battery has enough capacity to turn the camera on and record for a few minutes - but no more than 5 or 10 minutes maximum.

...Maybe they are doing this to fool people in to believing this is a wireless dash cam that runs on battery?
This is a common advertising tactic for almost any product that is advertised as "As Seen On TV".

Yeah you always have to be careful with company information, you will often see really creative use of words to sell a product.
I would not touch anything that do not have good user freedback ( that be real feedback not Amazon or fleabay reviews and stars )

Most cars you can just pus the wire up over the headliner, and then work your way towards the A- pillar, there you might have to remove some decorative plastic ( often tool less but in my cheap Suzuki there are 1 screw too )
Uou might also be able to route the wire down behind the door weather seal, and then when you get below dashbord level route the wire in under it and towards the center console where you most often find the cigarette plug.

My sisters ford focus have the cigarette plug on the console in front of the handbrake, so i had to route the wore back there just pushing ui up under the plastic that make up that part of the console.

One thing is for sure if Jokiin say don't go there, then i listen, i think you will be hard pressed to find a guy with more knowledge of the dashcam industry, and what come out of Chine in this market.

Where do you suggest I go for help getting the GW installed? I went to car dealer, independent car machanic shops and evena shop where they install after market music system and they all told me they DON'T install dash cams and besides they don't want to risk damaging my car when trying to hide the LONG ANNOYING power charging cord that goes to cell phone charging slot.
I found my GW1 that I bought 2 yrs ago but don't find the small white sticker. My child has been playing with the white box and and seems the sticker went missing somewhere.

Thats some weird shops you have there, it take me 30 minutes maximum to install a dashcam, route wire around windscreen and down a pillar and then to the cigarette lighter, and a shop probably don't charge less than 1 hour so that would be 30 minutes gained for them.

It is this simple / fast in some cases, might add 5 - 10 minutes if you have to tear plastic off A-pillar and go down below the dashbord that route ( off course for this to work you have to start in the other end as the USB plug that go into the dashcam are more easy to thread thru small gaps, but other than that its the same )

If you need to tap into the fuse box for a hardwire needed for parking guard it will be a 1 hour job, and that's for me not a car mechanic, just a machine worker/toolmaker/sailor/ wanna be engineer / industrial painter with 35 years of DIY knowledge and tinkering skills

Last edited:
Thats some weird shops you have there, it take me 30 minutes maximum to install a dashcam, route wire around windscreen and down a pillar and then to the cigarette lighter, and a shop probably don't charge less than 1 hour so that would be 30 minutes gained for them.

It is this simple / fast in some cases, might add 5 - 10 minutes if you have to tear plastic off A-pillar and go down below the dashbord that route ( off course for this to work you have to start in the other end as the USB plug that go into the dashcam are more easy to get thru small gaps, but other than that its the same )

If you need to tap into the fuse box for a hardwire needed for parking guard it will be a 1 hour job, and that's for me not a car mechanic, just a machine worker/toolmaker/sailor/ wanna be engineer / industrial painter with 35 years of DIY knowledge and tinkering skills

looked easy but i couldn't do it on my camry without damaging the edges.

If your car have a USB slot for phones and what not to connect to media center or charge, don't use it to power a dashcam, they are often underpowered for a dashcam that do not use much power.

Maybe there is a detailed installation video for GW1 in a Sedan like the camry that I can find in youtube? Mine is the 07 Camry and hybrid to be precise.

By the way what to do about the white sticker of the Gw1 that is to stick the dashcam on windshield? I lost it.

The cars i have installed in have all been the same, my own Suzuki Splash - my friends Dacia 1016 stationwagon and my sisters 2014 Ford Focus.

The headliner are some soft felt like material ( you can damage this felt if you really pull it, but that should not be needed ), you can pull it back a little to wedge wire in on top of it ( even surplus wire if you start in the opposite end )
The A-pillar plastic on my Suzuki ( 2 pice ) do have a single Phillips head screw that secure the big pice on the pillar itself, but other than that its just clips you pull apart and push back together when done.
On my friends Dacia it just pull apart no tools needed on the A pillar plastic.
On my sisters Ford i routed cable like in video above as i forgot my tools at home and she and her boyfriend don't really have such things, i also just routed under floor matting like in video as ciggy plug in my sisters Ford is on the floor console just in front of handbrake.

I don't think most of use any warning stickers, though some states in the US probably will want that.
The street Guardian products come with a bundle of those, so someone probably have a surplus of those.

For cars with airbags all over the place you off course have to go about installing and routing wires with care, but even if there is say a side airbag on the A pillar, then going down weather seal like in the video should be no problem, if you go behind the plastic and there is a airbag you also have to go behind it too, or at least along the airbag, as it should go any other way when deploying.

2013 camry install

If hiding the wire is to difficult why not wrap it around your mirror and let it dangle?

I don't think most of use any warning stickers, though some states in the US probably will want that.
The street Guardian products come with a bundle of those, so someone probably have a surplus of those.

For cars with airbags all over the place you off course have to go about installing and routing wires with care, but even if there is say a side airbag on the A pillar, then going down weather seal like in the video should be no problem, if you go behind the plastic and there is a airbag you also have to go behind it too, or at least along the airbag, as it should go any other way when deploying.

2013 camry install

Thanks for the video but I wish it was a complete detailed installation video on the Camry. I mean like the ways to hide from top to bottom and then the cellphone charging port and what tool you use.
I suck at this. A month ago due to cold weather, my Camry's Gas tank cover wouldn't open from the push button. I had to use a hard object to try to open the gas tank cover. Now the gas tank cover is visibly open a bit and I always see the warning.

Thanks for the video but I wish it was a complete detailed installation video on the Camry. I mean like the ways to hide from top to bottom and then the cellphone charging port and what tool you use.
I suck at this. A month ago due to cold weather, my Camry's Gas tank cover wouldn't open from the push button. I had to use a hard object to try to open the gas tank cover. Now the gas tank cover is visibly open a bit and I always see the warning.

No offense but i think you're either just trying to justify a different camera you never used. Installing a dash cam without seeing everything is literally as simple as that video and i've done it at least a dozen times. slide down the weather stripping and then dip under the front of the passenger mat and go under towards the cigarette lighter. If it's not long enough usually a slitter for the outlet will get you the extra length. It's not rocket science, its a cable. If you really can't the only other thing i can think of is that your camry is old, in which case you should probably specify.

You won't damage anything if you get a standard plastic trimtool

Amazon: B01NBVTBP8

c39cb3f77fd25c3fe44e099f35b09d50.jpg

I just found the dashcam I bought in 2015 that I have not been able to install yet. I took complete pic of all the content. Please check to see if there is something missing

Attachments

• dashcam pic.jpg
    dashcam pic.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 23
Maybe tell the car stereo shops you want to add a USB power port overhead? I bet shops that do pickup trucks would be able to do it. (don't mention DASH CAM)
Then just use a shorter usb cable.

Back