Still Works AOK

Kremmen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
2 x Viofo A119 V3
I've not used my car, or 380, since mid-September ( I only do about 1k miles a year, mostly in summer)

Went out today, powered up, and it's recorded everything from start to finish without issue.

Surely capacitor is the way to go as this proves.

Yes I think super capacitor is the way forward in dashcams these days, let’s hope nextbase dothis in their future dashcam releases!

I really have a hard time getting my head around this capacitor malarky. Cams with a battery can have a parking mode without having to have a permanent 12V supply. Cams with a capacitor need 12V permanent for parking mode.
What's the big deal with capacitors other than the fact that they do not 'wear out'?

Exactly, they don't wear out. Plus as in my case I don't have to charge it periodically when not used.

My 380 has a battery compartment, much like other devices. Pop off the plastic cover, pop in the battery pack and parking mode is available.

Silly me ....

When I went to view the footage of my recent trip it started out half way down the bypass!

Because I haven't used it since Sep it was still on BST so the first clip was at the end in Windows Explorer sorted by filename as my journey was under an hour. First file renamed to GMT and the jobs a guddun.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V 380GW 1