Stop start car issues

Matt-HGR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hoping someone else has come across a fix for this issue.
I've done a bit of research online and it appears to be quite a widespread issue with stop start vehicles and capacitor based dash cams.

When my engine cranks to start, 12v power is interrupted for maybe half a second, presumably to ensure the battery has no load when the starter needs it.
This interruption is so quick, my dashcam actually plays the startup sound as it is trying to save the video file and shutdown.

Is there any way to change device settings, so the device does not shut down for maybe 0.5-1second after power loss, for situations like this?
Surely the capacitor can hold power for long enough?

Many thanks,
Matt

are you hardwired, or using cig plug power supply?
Thank you for the quick reply!

I am hardwired. I did test multiple fuses, but they all exhibit the same thing.
Maybe I need some sort of inline battery to keep the camera powered briefly. I'm not sure.

It is a VW polo 2019 (AW1 build code)
I even tried the central locking fuse (permanent 12v), and it still cuts out briefly during cranking.

The car cuts power for less than 0.5s, and the dash cam almost continues working. It must be so close!

This is perfect! Thanks for your prompt assistance with this. I really appreciate it
note that this module has a few different functions, set it up correctly and wired accordingly and it will do what you need, we have tested these and they work well, I've used various PAC modules in the past and they have always done what they say they do, have been using their products for almost 30 years now

RLE Matters.

That is Real Life Experience.

Back