Stopped vehicle jumps onto freeway in front of me

jennyfell55

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
SG9665GC
Guy stopped on the shoulder decided it was a good idea to just merge. Thankfully I was paying attention and it wasn't that close of a call but still O_O

Looks like your brakes works good though o_O

That could've been ugly if you weren't paying attention. There didn't look like a lot of distance from you approaching to them merging.

Looks like your brakes works good though o_O
Thankfully yes they do!

That could've been ugly if you weren't paying attention. There didn't look like a lot of distance from you approaching to them merging.
Certainly could have been very ugly! There was only about 3-4 car lengths in between us (at most). With captions on you can see I dropped almost 30mph to avoid hitting him. Thankfully the car behind me was paying attention as well!

Some people just haven't got a clue. In the UK driving on motorways isn't included in our driving instruction or in our driving test so people are not taught how to re-join the carriageway from the hard shoulder.

Similar thing happened to my last fall. Car pulled out and I had to slow down to about 35 mph.

Guy stopped on the shoulder decided it was a good idea to just merge.
Good job he accelerated hard to minimise the danger.
... Ohhhh... wait... :rolleyes:

Seriously, I don't understand people like that. Being stupid and a jerk doesn't even begin to cover it.

Thankfully yes they do!

Certainly could have been very ugly! There was only about 3-4 car lengths in between us (at most). With captions on you can see I dropped almost 30mph to avoid hitting him. Thankfully the car behind me was paying attention as well!

Yeah totally! It's not everyday you go from freeway speed to 30mph & the car behind is paying attention.

A while back I almost captured a Lexus IS300 with a blown & shredded tire get drilled by a fast moving Mini Cooper. The Lexus was trying to merge to the right shoulder from the further left lanes. The Mini had full ABS activation going on. Fortunately everything was ok.

A while back I almost captured a Lexus IS300 with a blown & shredded tire get drilled by a fast moving Mini Cooper. The Lexus was trying to merge to the right shoulder from the further left lanes. The Mini had full ABS activation going on. Fortunately everything was ok.

reminds me of ages ago the one and only time i ever ran out of gas... i had been in the fast lane and was trying to get over to the right shoulder, coasting in neutral... nobody would let me over so i finally just had to say F it and cut someone off on my way to the shoulder i heard their ABS kicking in but i had no other choice. they shouldn't have been doing 80 in the right lane of a 60mph zone anyway.

Back