Storage I/O Error

Ray1968

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0806
I've had my 0806 running for about 2.5 weeks now. Started beeping like crazy on the drive home from work today with this error.

Using a SanDisk Ultra class 10 64GB card. Took the card out and reformatted in my computer (exFat).

I'm assuming this is just "one of those things" that's going to happen from time to time? No preventive measures I can take (other than getting a Samsung Pro Plus card)?

Hi there,

There's two situation that mini 0806 starts beeping. 1. Battery run out of power. 2. SD card problem. SanDisk SD card's compatibility is not good enough with Ambarella. Samsung Pro Plus card is more compatible with Ambarella.

Please have a try to format formater32 into FAT32. And I advice that you format SD card once in two weeks or every month.

A Samsung Pro Plus card (Amazon supplied) doesn't seem to be a guarantee of avoiding these problems. I bought one 3 weeks ago because my Kingston cards were causing regular problems.
The Pro Plus seemed fine until yesterday when I got a 'fragment' error.
I had left it in exFat format as it had been delivered, for testing, and was pleased it was error-free for so long, but have now used FAT32-Formatter on it. Hopefully it'll go a few more weeks without error.

Think I had the same error.. I wasn't able to read the screen whilst driving but I just switched off the restarted the camera and it was OK for a bit.

I use a SanDisk and Kingston card, so I've switched to just the SanDisk only for now.

It happened once before when the Mrs was driving just last week but seemed OK when I took a look later in the day.

Its quite a loud chiming though, and quite alarming at first before you figure our where its coming from.

I generally have had good results with my samsung pro plus 64 since last Nov. I have had the infamous three beep situation three times. All I do is unplug the power, turn it off and start again. I don't mind having that issue once every few months.

Back