Storing All Dashcam Footage on YouTube

XenonD2S

Reaction score
I have been storing all my dashcam footage on YouTube just because it's free and because I can. Has anybody run into trouble with YouTube doing this? have uploaded 500 5min clips so far. I feel like I am abusing their service by doing this, but then again, there are so many other pointless videos on YouTube. Thoughts?

XenonD2S said:
I have been storing all my dashcam footage on YouTube just because it's free and because I can. Has anybody run into trouble with YouTube doing this? have uploaded 500 5min clips so far. I feel like I am abusing their service by doing this, but then again, there are so many other pointless videos on YouTube. Thoughts?

Why dont you just create a folder on a HDD and copy the Record folder onto it and index it with the date Thats what I do

I prefer to keep my business to myself and not announce it to the world in every possible way.

Also by loading onto You tube you may be contravening someones rights by publishing their numberplates for all to see.

I agree about the pointless part, Why bother what is so fascinating about them?? Anything at all ????

I usually only keep some for a specific reason, like maybe going a bit fast through a known speed camera site and keep it for 4 weeks in case a ticket arrives in the mail.

Otherwise its pointless keeping endless film of a random road that has no interest to anyone else.

They are after all a camera to catch an " event " which may have implications later and not for creating an epic roadtrip of 500 trips to work LOL

not practical storing on his hdd if it has limited space..

don't see a problem with it tbh, set your videos to private or unlisted unless you want the world to see.

I guess free unlimited cloud storage is attractive. If you have an automated way to upload to YouTube then it isn't a bad idea. Otherwise uploading it can be a pain.

jamesbcd said:
not practical storing on his hdd if it has limited space..

don't see a problem with it tbh, set your videos to private or unlisted unless you want the world to see.

Can buy a 1 TB for about $70 I have 4 external ones for storing and backing up stuff I want to keep No much good on You tube if your computer dies either

XenonD2S said:

I have been diligently backing up all my DVR footages onto my external hdd. The primary reason is besides proper achieving of data, I have a place to keep this securely. The basis for me not using public cloud backup service is apparent. What goes into public domain content does not necessary belong to the end user or uploader. What is deemed private may be hacked or access by admin, or maybe even to the public. Well I have shared my thoughts, now this is something for you to think through.

Back