Strange Issue with K2

dizzydev

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there -

I bought my K2 last fall, but due to life events didn't get around to installing it until last week. Installed it into a BMW K13S with some help from a trusty mechanic, and the fit and finish and way the unit fits into the bike is just awesome. Got it home and was able to pull some videos off, they looked terrible (until I remembered I forgot to pull off the protective film!). Connected to the wifi, the app told me to upgrade the firmware, copied to the root of the SD card and it seemed to go through the blinking light sequence fine as on the website. However, afterwards, when the unit powers on, it appears to go into a loop, where it starts, then the green recording light blinks six times, and then it reboots itself over and over. The wifi never appears to access the unit. Given I've now removed the protective film, I'm eager to get the unit working, but not sure how to resolve. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks...

I’ve seen that happen with a bad memory card. Try another card best to use 32GB for any firmware updates. Re-seat camera plugs. Reflash firmware again. Call the new INNOVV North America support number. ‭1 (775) 372-7270‬ Ryan will take care of you.

If the card is in a stuck condition, you should use SD Formatter app to reset the card back to factory conditions.
Be sure to click "Overwrite format".
Format the card in-camera via app aftwards.

Hi all - quick update. This actually had nothing to do with the SD card - it was an error condition due to one of the video cables being pulled slightly ajar by the motion of the bike, which led us to realize a miscommunication had lost two small and rather essential screws... log this one as a complete knucklehead item!

It's not a knucklehead error if you've learned from it, and now you've got some diagnostic and repair experience under your belt so all's well that end's well ;)

Safe and pleasant rides to you!
Phil

Let us know if you need replacement screws.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A K2 14
KeithW K2 5
Back