Strange rattle

vxlomegav6

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Transcend DP200, DP220
Just got a Transcend DrivePro 220 and it appears to have a internal rattle, Just asking if anyone else has noticed this on theirs.

I couldn't make out the sound very clearly on my laptop but it kind of sounded like the camera may be rattling in the mount (I had that occur with 2 of my cameras). Make sure it fits tight. If necessary a bit of tape on the connection can tighten things enough to make the noise go away if that's the cause.

Beside mount, also make sure power cable is not lose and touching rearview mirror ( this is my mistake I do some time when quickly testing some dasham, quickly running powercable which touches RVmirror or its arm, n reslt israttlisound ).

I couldn't make out the sound very clearly on my laptop but it kind of sounded like the camera may be rattling in the mount (I had that occur with 2 of my cameras). Make sure it fits tight. If necessary a bit of tape on the connection can tighten things enough to make the noise go away if that's the cause.

Beside mount, also make sure power cable is not lose and touching rearview mirror ( this is my mistake I do some time when quickly testing some dasham, quickly running powercable which touches RVmirror or its arm, n reslt israttlisound ).

Hi,

The mount on the screen / wire set up which i hardwired last year was set up for the DrivePro 200 which never made this kinda sound, It fits the previous models bracket fine.

Also if listening carefully when shaking the camera by hand there is a slight noise which seems to be being amplified by this cameras microphone perhaps?

In some dashcams where I had rattling, it was caused by built in speaker came lose inside shell.
If its under warranty, send it back for repair / replacement, or take a risk to open unit shell and look inside, but beware: any DIY will void warranty !

Just got a replacement unit today and it has the same issue.. Does appear to be a common problem with this model then unfortunately. Possibly the G-Sensor ball perhaps. Don't think i'll risk opening it up seen as its a pretty expensive dash camera.

Back