Reaction score
Country
United States
I understand the following lights and their meanings:
Flashing red: wifi off, recording
Solid red: wifi off, NOT recording
Flashing green: wifi on, recording
Solid green: wifi on, NOT recording

Typically I leave it on flashing red and never go into the app or touch any settings. It had been working for many months before this week, when I noticed the light was just a solid red. I check the SD card with my PC and it's missing an entire 2hr drive but had video from before and after that. The latest video from this morning was skipping seconds at a time and not smooth. The card capacity had a small % of space left (reserved) so perhaps the loop recording is acting up? No error messages anywhere.

Since I'm testing it at my desk, I formatted the SD card and starting over:
1) I left it recording with wifi on (green blinking). Does recording time-out if there's no movement detected? It looks like it stopped blinking after almost an hour of not moving from my desk and just facing the wall. Plugged in with my Anker wall charger.
2) I can connect to it with the app and see an hour of videos but I can't get it to start recording (blinking) again. Until I unplug / replug the power. Then it goes back to blinking red, for a minute, then now a solid red. I turn it green and check the video list and it has a 10 second video that stops playing after 1 second.

Behavior has been pretty random since a week ago. Using a Kingston 32GB class 10 SD card that hadn't given me problems previously. I know you're recommending high endurance SD cards, but I question whether this all has to do with the SD card?

Last edited:
I would recommend resetting the camera by getting the firmware and manually updating the camera.

Behavior has been pretty random since a week ago. Using a Kingston 32GB class 10 SD card that hadn't given me problems previously. I know you're recommending high endurance SD cards, but I question whether this all has to do with the SD card?
Could you tell me what is the firmware version for the dashcam? You can find its FW version in the APP menu!

Could you tell me what is the firmware version for the dashcam? You can find its FW version in the APP menu!
Says DVR Version v1.06.180528s
App Version 1.8.5

I just downloaded and installed the latest firmware 20180528 (2018.06.26) and the DVR version remains the same.

Last edited:
It is the standard firmware for the dashcam!
1) I left it recording with wifi on (green blinking). Does recording time-out if there's no movement detected? It looks like it stopped blinking after almost an hour of not moving from my desk and just facing the wall. Plugged in with my Anker wall charger.
It should keep recording as long as it plugged into an extra Anker wall charger!
2) I can connect to it with the app and see an hour of videos but I can't get it to start recording (blinking) again. Until I unplug / replug the power. Then it goes back to blinking red, for a minute, then now a solid red. I turn it green and check the video list and it has a 10 second video that stops playing after 1 second.
It seems that the camera was loading firmware to reset! Do you copy a Bin file to the memory card before? Anyway, suggest you reset the dashcam with a Windows computer again!
Please download this tool here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WcMO4W664dvM--CxoY0QMjMfmph3pBcG

Also, please load this BIN file from this link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SY9W1kx7jMn7pFl1MZGEfpVfz-a32Mlh/view

And then you can load it in this way: No need insert a memory card into camera unit, please note!
1) Keep pressing this button when plugging into laptop USB socket.
2)Open this tool and select this "load bin file" section and load this bin file which lists in the second link.
3)Click this "start update"

It is the standard firmware for the dashcam!

It should keep recording as long as it plugged into an extra Anker wall charger!

It seems that the camera was loading firmware to reset! Do you copy a Bin file to the memory card before? Anyway, suggest you reset the dashcam with a Windows computer again!
Please download this tool here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WcMO4W664dvM--CxoY0QMjMfmph3pBcG

Also, please load this BIN file from this link
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SY9W1kx7jMn7pFl1MZGEfpVfz-a32Mlh/view

And then you can load it in this way: No need insert a memory card into camera unit, please note!
1) Keep pressing this button when plugging into laptop USB socket.
2)Open this tool and select this "load bin file" section and load this bin file which lists in the second link.
3)Click this "start update"

Yes I have updated firmware previously by copying over the bin files onto the SD card and inserting into the camera. I did another roadtrip and 1) even though I set for 5 minute intervals, it only recorded 1 minute intervals and 2) part of my trip is completely missing again - I have the beginning and end of the trip (about an hour each) but the middle of the drive is not on the SD card at all. Even if it loop records and overwrites, why is the middle of my trip missing but not the beginning of it? Maybe it simply never recorded (blinking red) for some reason?

Now I am trying to use the tool to update the firmware per your instructions but the tool only shows "Waiting device..." in all 8 slots.

1) I plug the camera (no SD Card) into a USB port on my PC (even holding the camera button which is what I assume you mean)
2) I open the tool and the bin file loaded into the tool ok, but it doesn't find any device to update
3) I hit Start Upgrade anyway and nothing happens.

Screenshot:

Last edited:
I am trying to use the tool to update the firmware per your instructions now but the tool only shows "Waiting device..." in all 8 slots.

1) I plug the camera into a USB port on my PC (even holding the camera button which is what I assume you mean)
2) I open the tool and the bin file loaded into the tool ok, but it doesn't find any device to update
3) I hit Start Upgrade anyway and nothing happens.
If you use a PC to reset it, please remove the memory card from the camera unit!

If you use a PC to reset it, please remove the memory card from the camera unit!

I had removed it, there was no card in there. Updated my previous post with more details.

1) even though I set for 5 minute intervals, it only recorded 1 minute intervals
After configuration, press the "video" icon to take the recording to activate it!
2) part of my trip is completely missing again - I have the beginning and end of the trip (about an hour each) but the middle of the drive is not on the SD card at all. Even if it loop records and overwrites, why is the middle of my trip missing but not the beginning of it? Maybe it simply never recorded (blinking red) for some reason?
Odd, how about the voice prompts? And it should blink green when taking recording!
Now I am trying to use the tool to update the firmware per your instructions but the tool only shows "Waiting device..." in all 8 slots.
From your screenshot, it seems that your PC cannot read the dashcam memory! You can change to a new USB cable or other USB sockets!

After configuration, press the "video" icon to take the recording to activate it!

This didn't work. I made sure of settings (5 min interval, m/d/y format, and voice prompts) and go back and it automatically starts recording. But the date is still a different format (d/m/y). I hit Video to stop recording but then when I hit Video again to start recording, it freezes the app completely and the camera stays solid green. I unplug and replug the camera and the time format is still d/m/y. Settings still show m/d/y.

Odd, how about the voice prompts? And it should blink green when taking recording!
I turned on voice prompts and it didn't do any voice prompts (see above for what happened).

From your screenshot, it seems that your PC cannot read the dashcam memory! You can change to a new USB cable or other USB sockets!
I tried another cable and another USB port. Same thing happens - "Waiting device".

This didn't work. I made sure of settings (5 min interval, m/d/y format, and voice prompts) and go back and it automatically starts recording. But the date is still a different format (d/m/y). I hit Video to stop recording but then when I hit Video again to start recording, it freezes the app completely and the camera stays solid green. I unplug and replug the camera and the time format is still d/m/y. Settings still show m/d/y.

I turned on voice prompts and it didn't do any voice prompts (see above for what happened).

I tried another cable and another USB port. Same thing happens - "Waiting device".
It should be something wrong with the firmware! If cannot reset it by your PC, please PM me your order number for warranty then!

I have the same problem, clips are missing, relatively randomly. I didn't check the dash cam after installing the latest regular WiFi off firmware, maybe there's a bug in that? Will install WiFi on, see what that does.

I have the same problem, clips are missing, relatively randomly.
How about the RO file folder was full or not? if yes, we suggest you format the card in the APP after WiFi connection with your phone!

Back