Strange sounds

Jake5150

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been using this dashcam since late last year, and I still love it. Normally I never bother to transfer any recordings to my computer because it used to be a hassle, I used my old phone as a SD card reader for my computer, and because I never caught anything interesting. I finally put a SD card reader in my computer as part of some upgrades I did to my computer, so I decided to try it out and transfer the recordings I currently had. I noticed that now there's some strange noise playing in all of them. It's not from anything in my car, it's the camera itself, but I don't know why it's making it. I'm not sure if it's something to be worried about, as everything is still working just fine. Video example below

Also bonus footage, 4th of July fireworks I managed to catch. People were actually pulling out their phones to record the fireworks while at the red light, and I didn't have to.:D You can also hear the noise in that video as well.

sorry to disappoint but it's quite common on these models. it's electrical noise that isn't being entirely suppressed. the camera produces fantastic video and has been very reliable for me so for my uses, I don't mind it too much.

I have this sound too in one of my mini 0805 which I sold. Update firmware, change the sd card: doesnt make this sound silent.

Yeah it's a flaw in the unit itself. I have two 0805's and only one does this. Due to all the negative feedback on the return process with gearbest, I just accepted the noise and put that camera in the vehicle I don't drive as often.

If you purchased yours anywhere else, I would try to return/exchange or return and buy a different dashcam.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not too worried about it, I was just curious. It's not really a big deal to me. I bought it on Amazon last fall, so there's no chance of a return or exchange.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Mini 0805 1
J Mini 0805 2
Back