Stream to alternative cloud

Bygrunna

Reaction score
Country
Albania
Hello everyone. Thanks for a great forum!

Does Blackvue Dascams open up for transferring the stream to a external/alternative/own cloud server through their SDK ? I want to transfer the streams to an own cloud solution.

I don't think thats a option at the moment at least.
If i was to go this route i would also want to upload to my own network at home and a NAS there.
But 2 things are holding me back on this,,,, well maybe more.
1: i can not get a #2 sim card so i can share all the data on my phone plan i don't use ( which are +90% of it ) with a AP in my car.
2: no one as far as i know support UL to own network and i don't want to pay for 3 person cloud service.
3: while we Danes have a okay cell network coverage, it is not that hard to be in a area where you only have 2 or 3 G coverage, and the several 5G networks that will go up here soon will not change this i think, unless they move 4G they upgrade to 5 G to other places and put up more masts.
4: also while i have like 30 GB data to spare every month on my phone plan ( at least ) then at least on my camera memory cards and me not really driving that much generate much more than 30 GB of video every month.
This could of course be much better if it was only event recordings that got moved to the cloud, mass storage i think will be problematic in regard to cost of moving all that data, and beeing in at least 4 G zone to transfer all that data in real time.

Thanks for your answer.

There are many limitations that has to be clarified in deed. Like bandwidth limitations (3G and 4G coverage is not present everywhere in Norway, though very good.) , costly Mobile Broadband data plans for the gateway in the car/truck, I believe you would need 500-1000GB pr month.

However, the Blackvue SDK for B2B firmware for fleets; is it technically possible to send the videostream from the camera via a “mifi router” to a custom cloud ? I believe the setting must be set on the camera configuration itself.

Or maybe, send the videostream over wifito a “box/server” inside the truck and then send the stream further to a cloud.

Any ideas?

Or maybe, send the videostream over wifito a “box/server” inside the truck and then send the stream further to a cloud.

Any ideas?
There are a few cheaper dashcams which will stream RTSP over wifi to a local server, eg the Viofo A129, Gitup F1. You don't get it in full quality, but then you wouldn't want to send it in full quality over 4G, so you would probably reduce resolution/framerate/bitrate further on your server, and maybe do a better job of the compression using the power of the server.

Thanks for your answer and your alternative tips.

However I’m very interested in concluding 100% if Blackvue can be used for this or not.

The B2B firmware can be configured in many other ways than the consumer firmware.

Anyone else has experience with it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Viewer, Apps and Software 0