Streaming to VLC

Ravi

Reaction score
Country
India
I am trying to live stream the Yi Dash cam to a VLC player. I looked around the web and saw how people have successfully been streaming Yi action camera to VLC player. I tried some of these things but in vain. The IP address where the server resides seems to be 192.168.1.254 and only two visible ports are 80 and 3333. This is not similar to the description given for other Yi cameras (IP address was 192.168.42.1 and port 7878). If anyone has gotten streaming to work with the dash cam please post instructions on how to..

Best Regards

You should be able to access the stream via rtsp://192.168.1.254/xxx.mov

I not sure, but you may have to put the camera in "app" mode first, by connecting using the YI app (and leaving this running in the background) if you're looking to stream to Android/IOS device; or if you want to stream to a computer you can give my Python library ago, GitHub:kwirk/yidashcam, which can put the camera in the correct mode.

Excellent. Thanks for the link. I ran the "python3 -m yidazshcam stream" (had to use python3 instead of python as I had python 2.7 installed by default). The camera switched to app mode and VLC was able to play the RTSP link you mentioned.

Thanks a ton.

Hello guys, is there any possibility to stream this video online? Becouse when connecting to dashcam, my tablet dont have internet connection... But i have 4g router in the car, how could i perform that?

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the Python library and sorry for pushing this quite old post. Unfortunately I got an error message in the console after calling config, stream or snapshot:

raise YIDashcamException("Error entering mode {}".format(err))
yidashcam.YIDashcamException: Error entering mode Bad status returned: -23

But somehow the Dashcam is switching to app mode because the wifi icon in the display is changed to the phone icon.
But anyway I got an error in VLC after trying to stream rtsp://192.168.1.254

live555 error: Failed to connect with rtsp://192.168.1.254:554
satip error: Failed to setup RTSP session

Do you know what could be the problem? I have a Yi Smart Dash Camera YCS.1A17.

Thanks!

Back