Street Guardian Best Model

You should not hide camera really deep, you might want to check on the memory card now and then, and on a computer with the memory card in a proper card reader you will get max DL speeds.
Also a little slack on the wires at the main box would be nice, this way you can pull it out from under the dash and easier get to the memory card VS pretending to be a contortionist which i for sure are not at my age.
The little USB card reader SG and others provide do not provide MAX speeds, for that you need to buy a USB 3.0 or faster reader on a similar port on the PC,,,,, or MAC if you swing that way.

The wifi in practically all dashcams are pretty slow so not good for file browsing or download of files in bulk, that would be much faster on a computer.
If you have old tired eyes like me, doing settings on a 6" + phone screen are nice VS the build in 1.5" LCD screen.

You should not hide camera really deep, you might want to check on the memory card now and then, and on a computer with the memory card in a proper card reader you will get max DL speeds.
The little USB card reader SG and others provide do not provide MAX speeds, for that you need to buy a USB 3.0 or faster reader on a similar port on the PC,,,,, or MAC if you swing that way.

The wifi in practically all dashcams are pretty slow so not good for file browsing or download of files in bulk, that would be much faster on a computer.
If you have old tired eyes like me, doing settings on a 6" + phone screen are nice VS the build in 1.5" LCD screen.
I can certainly relate to the old tired eyes :ROFLMAO: . The bigger the screen the better imho . Good point about not burying it too deep, one to remember.
Out of interest do all the models have 5g WiFi? It's not clear on the spec comparisons.

The SG cameras on your list ( except the new 2K model ) are all on the 9663 chipset from novatek and also the sensors used so much the same as i recall.
But i will be damned if i can recall the wifi status on them,,,,,, i am a self appointed wifi hater, only use it in relation with dashcams

But 5GHZ in dashcams do not necessary mean the 5GHZ speeds you would get on your home router, i get 500 mbit testing wifi with my phone at home ( 1 gbit connection ) using 5GHZ band, but i am pretty sure my internet providers router is the bottleneck.
It is getting better though as i understand it, but i am glad i am not locked into using that as many people are only having a phone, on my PC i get the full 90 MB/s read speed most memory cards have and i can playback directly from the memory card, even if it is the card from my 4K/60 action camera that record much better footage at 100 mbit VS the 30 - 35 mbit current 4K dashcams use.
Slow wifi or card reader and you would get laggy playback

SG often have the SOC model in the camera name, so you will haveGS9663DR or SG9663 DC xxxx
So the new 2K camera are made with the 9667 SOC from Novatek

The SG cameras on your list ( except the new 2K model ) are all on the 9663 chipset from novatek and also the sensors used so much the same as i recall.
But i will be damned if i can recall the wifi status on them,,,,,, i am a self appointed wifi hater, only use it in relation with dashcams

But 5GHZ in dashcams do not necessary mean the 5GHZ speeds you would get on your home router, i get 500 mbit testing wifi with my phone at home ( 1 gbit connection ) using 5GHZ band, but i am pretty sure my internet providers router is the bottleneck.
It is getting better though as i understand it, but i am glad i am not locked into using that as many people are only having a phone, on my PC i get the full 90 MB/s read speed most memory cards have and i can playback directly from the memory card, even if it is the card from my 4K/60 action camera that record much better footage at 100 mbit VS the 30 - 35 mbit current 4K dashcams use.
Slow wifi or card reader and you would get laggy playback
I also shy away from wifi where possible. But modern mobile devices are pushing us that way. I'm not sure what it's like whre you are but here in the UK, unless you have access to superfast fiber broadband then, as you sugest, the link from your router to the exchange will be your bottleneck. In general though any 5G wifi will beat any 2.4G.

Denmark are almost spammed in fiber optic cables have been for a long time, i had fiber put into my house in 2008, though i then sold the house a year later.
I live in the 4-5 largest town ( Randers ) and just have cable now so just 100 mbit upload, i am looking for new apartment with fiber, and hope to be able to get a 5 gbit connection.

3 - 4 5G networks are also going up nationwide here as i type

Denmark are almost spammed in fiber optic cables have been for a long time, i had fiber put into my house in 2008, though i then sold the house a year later.
I live in the 4-5 largest town ( Randers ) and just have cable now so just 100 mbit upload, i am looking for new apartment with fiber, and hope to be able to get a 5 gbit connection.

3 - 4 5G networks are also going up nationwide here as i type
Well jealous. We are still in the stone age here in the UK :cry:

The numbers in most SG cameras model names refer to the model of Novatek chip set they use in the camera.

So the SG9663DR use the 9663 Chip set

I wanted to link to that chip set at novatek, hence why i am Taiwanese right now using my VPN to fake it, to get their page to load.
but even that dident work well for me as i cant seem to find any info on any of their Chips

2008 was actually late, back then i lived 10 KM west of the #2 largest town here (Aarhus ) and the fiber companies have problems getting permissions to tear up sidewalks in major towns, not least since they already have good internet on cable.
So you be amazed what little rural towns have kick ass fiber, as out in the sticks no problems getting fiber in the ground.
But i then on behalf of all houses in and near the very little town i lived in filled out fake interest forms on the providers home page, and then things moved faster.

If you "drive" thru smaller Danish towns using google street view, if you see a little 4 X 5 inches light grey box on the house wall, that is the fiber internet.
fiber.jpg

Back in 2008 i was on a maxed out ADSL line 6/1 mbit

Back