Street Guardian Compare Cameras Page (NEW)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
With all the new models out (and even more coming soon) it was time to put together a special page to compare features.

Here is the all-new Camera comparison page. (It will be updated as new models are released later this year)

One common question we get is what's the difference between X2PRO and X2PRO+

SGGCX2PRO and SGGCX2PRO+ is only a firmware difference. It’s 100% the same physically.
(All shipping SGGCX2PRO are shipping with X2PRO+ firmware as of today)

X2PRO firmware supports SG323CAM (Sony IMX323 sensor based rear cameras)

X2PRO+ firmware supports SG291CAM (Sony IMX291 sensor based rear cameras)

You can convert SGGCX2PRO to SGGCX2PRO+ and SGGCX2PRO+ to SGGCX2PRO as needed to match the type of rear camera you want to add.

Basically, the firmware couldn’t be made to support both types of rear sensor types automatically.

You’ll see even more optional rear camera choices later this year.

Last edited:
Nice undertaking, the Street Guardian lineup are becomming pretty significant, and some models are much alike.

Do you have an estimated date as to when the new DCs will be released? I'm just trying to decide if I should go ahead with my purchase now, or put it off until I see the new models.

Do you have an estimated date as to when the new DCs will be released? I'm just trying to decide if I should go ahead with my purchase now, or put it off until I see the new models.

we're working on a few models, lead times are quite long on anything that is totally new and not just a refresh or minor update, we've just done a couple of those, will be some more models released over the next few months but not quite there yet

not exactly an answer I know but I can't really give a firm date as we still have things that need to be adjusted before we're ready to do mass production, don't like releasing things before they're ready

One suggestion: mark the differences (with different backcolor...) so they're easier to see. Maybe add a checkbox on top to see only differences.

Back