Street Guardian dual camera

Captain

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am using the Street Guardian DC. I thought it was an Australian company, but is it Chinese??

To the best of my knowledge SG is an Australian company. Like many other companies some, or all, of their manufacturing is done in China.

https://streetguardian.info/about

The Street Guardian brand/factory owner @jokiin is in Sydney Australia. Street Guardian is designed in Australia but manufactured in Shenzhen China. (like most other electronics companies today, Apple, etc)
There is a global team effort of distribution and support. We handle USA sales and support out of Carson City Nevada for example.

SG are Australian just like Guard track, but they build in China to a determined quality level, if you dont do that well then you can get what ever the wind blow in.
Its like watches, you can get a swatch or you can get a Rolex, you can also get a "Rolex" that cost the same as a swatch, but then it just look like a Rolex and only work for a few weeks.

Good stuff from china are not that cheap compared if it was made in USA or DK, in some cases it is a very little good reason to produce out there, like how to ( cheap or free ) get rid off the toxic waste from production.
Just like we did in the old days too, and still try to do if EPA and so on would make it easy for us.

we are 100% Australian owned, we could never build the products in Australia though, cost to do so would be outrageous

No it will have to be a highly automated process to make place of production more or less mute, as soon as you get into manpower they win out on low wages.
The same was or have been true for a few fields, for instance sailors or ship officers, in the old days regular sailors was often Pilipino, but they now have many other trades to filter into, + they are asking for higher wages too, so slowly even they have been replaced too.
Its the same for officers, that at least in Danish ships all used to be Danes, but every one want to be a app or game developer and score it big with 2 months of work and then sell to one of the big corporations, and sure as hell not shuffle around the world on a ship.
We Danes are severely lacking ordinary skilled people now, as well as some trades with higher degrees.
Most companies complain they cant get skilled people, but at the same time none of the same companies have apprentices that will turn into the needed skilled people in 3-4 years, and still the same idiot companies complain ( about the grave they made for them self )

If you want me on a ship you will have to pay me 3000 USD or so a month, and send me home ever so often in a 4:4 or 2:2 rotation, a Indian guy you can get for 500 USD / mo and you can keep him on the ship for a year or so before you send him home in a 12 / 2 rotation plan.
Okay i can do a lot some Indian cant do in a engine room or on a ship for that matter, but there also many things i can do he can do just fine too.

Bottom line is, the ruling rich elite will always be fine, the middle class will be lead to think they are fine, and then there is all the losers.

I'm not sure where they are made but I know they have excellent customer service.
When I received my SG 1 channel a couple of years ago I had some trouble when the external GPS.
I sent an email on a Sunday to customer service and about 15 minutes later I got a call on my cell phone from who I think was the owner.
I highly recommend SG to all my friends.
BTW, my dash cam is still going strong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back