Street Guardian dual channel version release date?

SG9663DC was delayed until the hardware was where it needed to be for the quality we all expect. Better to be a bit late and good than have something rushed out. The next Dual Remote lens product development is ongoing and early progress is being made. No ETA but probably safe to say it shouldn’t take as long as the SG9663DC since a lot of things are worked out already.

Very much looking forward to the dual remote. That will be my next purchase. A different vehicle will inherit the GC and the XS currently serving those duties.

I'm working on a system that will use 200-300Wh Li-ion battery banks to power the dashcam and a few other things in my car, while the car ignition is off. Li-ion have a higher density energy than the car battery, thus the attraction to use them, only like $50 for 80Wh. This is to allow me to set the dashcam to parking mode for indefinite time, instead of 6 hours because that's what my car battery can support. I think my current dual channel dashcam consumes ~6W, that means my dashcam could run the entire weekend.
Going to use this chip to select power supply: http://cds.linear.com/docs/en/datasheet/4417f.pdf
A few other bells and whistles to make sure dashcam works in parking mode, and a charger for the power banks when the car is running.

My plan is to get up to 4 dual remote systems provided I like how the 1st system will run, 2 for myself and 2 for parent's cars.

SG9663DC was delayed until the hardware was where it needed to be for the quality we all expect. Better to be a bit late and good than have something rushed out. The next Dual Remote lens product development is ongoing and early progress is being made. No ETA but probably safe to say it shouldn’t take as long as the SG9663DC since a lot of things are worked out already.

Yeah a lot of what we've done already translates to the dual remote platform

Really hope we can see some stomping progress on this guys, I was driven off the road yesterday in my pride and joy by some woman coming head on at me in the middle of the road sending a text, fortunately I managed to bail up an embankment and slide the car around so it didnt roll but had I run out of skill or hit something that caused major damage it would of been very handy to have dashcam footage :(

The good of the SG marketing strategy is that you're assured of getting a really good well-tested cam :) The bad is that we have to wait for it as they wont release it until it's ready however long that takes :( That's the best way though, so just be patient and the wait will be well worth it. It's on my gotta-have list too :D

@kindai
Don't you have a dashcam now? If not you might consider getting something cheap while you wait. You can gift it when the dual-remote comes out or it use it for a side-cam. I cannot imagine driving without a cam now and I have a crappy but usable $21 G1W clone on a suction mount ready-to-go should I wind up driving someone else's car :cool: It went in my 'new' minivan until I could do a more permanent install. Better than nothing and cheap enough- I feel naked driving without a dashcam :eek:

Phil

Back