Street Guardian dual channel version release date?

Well then I'm glad the US dashcams that I've used have separate front/read mp4 files.

Yeah, separate files for some people are preferable, depending on personal needs. I think most important is video quality and device stability, but how it handles files ( 2 in 1, or two separate files ) this is secondary.

Yeah, separate files for some people are preferable, depending on personal needs. I think most important is video quality and device stability, but how it handles files ( 2 in 1, or two separate files ) this is secondary.
I'd agree with video quality and device stability being the highest priority. However being able to view the files without requiring a large resolution widescreen monitor is also useful, so I'd rather have separate files for that reason.

I'd agree with video quality and device stability being the highest priority. However being able to view the files without requiring a large resolution widescreen monitor is also useful, so I'd rather have separate files for that reason.

If playback software will be able to view zoom-in on small screen, then 2 in 1 files should be no problem, just pause and zoom. Best is to wait and see what options can be integrated and be available within present and upcoming technology solutions when product is ready.

there's a couple of ways things are done in dual channel, 2 streams can be muxed into one file, they are both full screen files but in the one container so it's kind of like channel 1, channel 2 and you change between them, to an end user that's fairly seamless dependent on the playback software, some dual channel the 2 streams are muxed into a single video as a split screen view and each is smaller but sometimes can be zoomed to full screen, again depends on the viewing software, in either case file handling, playback and any editing can very cumbersome or in some cases not even possible

we will be doing 2 individual channels that are independent of each other

there's a couple of ways things are done in dual channel ...... in either case file handling, playback and any editing can very cumbersome or in some cases not even possible

In the unfortunate event that I need to rely on the footage, I don't want to be worried that the insurance company or whoever else will reject it because they can't view the evidence without bespoke software.
Independent channels sounds good to me.

It would be nice if the microphone could be located in the remote camera housing, so the control unit could be located anywhere and not loose the cabin sound. Sometimes there are other noises where the control unit would be, that muffle (glovebox) or interfere (fan motor).
A remote microphone jack would be a good solution too.

It would be nice if the microphone could be located in the remote camera housing, so the control unit could be located anywhere and not loose the cabin sound. Sometimes there are other noises where the control unit would be, that muffle (glovebox) or interfere (fan motor).
A remote microphone jack would be a good solution too.

the dual remote camera version will have an internal mic and will also have an external mic jack so either can be used as appropriate, that was part of the design brief from the beginning

Speaking of design brief, I'm running through the first draft of my letter to Santa Claus today. If you have a name for the dual remote camera version or maybe an ETA that would be helpful.

I think i managed to keep off the naughty list this year.

What is the model # please?

Send it to me along with $10,000 for S+H. Order now and we'll double the offer for just another S+H fee :D

Phil

I was just pondering the same problem just yesterday, weather the dual cameras would have one or two memory cards, not so much how the 2 steams would be handled, but i agree anything that demand a dedicated players is not optimal in my eyes.

I assume there will be 2 target folders " Rear " and " Front " and to me thats the most optimal way of doing things.

Speaking of design brief, I'm running through the first draft of my letter to Santa Claus today. If you have a name for the dual remote camera version or maybe an ETA that would be helpful.

I would just write, get me the latest and most expensive dual channel system from Street Guardian, then you should be on the safe side.
BUT ! as it stand you might end up with the old fashioned solution, but that should still be a lot better or at least smaller front unit than most we see on the market today.

In regard to IQ i think both dual channel systems will be the same in every way. ?

In respect to model names i guess
SG xxxx DC ( Dual Channel ) conventional design with front unit on windscreen.
SG xxxx DC-R ( Dual Channel - Remote ) 2 remote cameras on a wire.

In respect to model names i guess
SG xxxx DC ( Dual Channel ) conventional design with front unit on windscreen.
SG xxxx DC-R ( Dual Channel - Remote ) 2 remote cameras on a wire.
What does that make the current GC? General channel?

Last edited:
Back